Broken toe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So yesterday morning I stubbed the third toe on my left foot. I hit the leg of the coffee table. Ouch!

Didn't think much of it, put a sock on it, went about and did errands. It hurts quite a bit and I can't place to much pressure, limping somewhat.

So I get home remove the sock and there is a blackish-red thing on the tip of my toe near the nail. It was bleeding a bit so I put antibiotic cream on it.

There is swelling, elevated my foot, iced the area.

You know how you spread your fingers? Well I did that with my toes to see what my movement is like. My right foot all my toes spread fine. The left foot I can spread them all with the exception of my third toe. My third toe and second toe remain together. I tried to spread them but they won't. Which makes me wonder if the third toe is broken since I can't spread them.

Last week I gave myself a pedi and always spread my toes when placing those toe seperators and the third spread just fine.

I was wondering if anyone has broke a toe and what it felt like?

I guess the only way to know is through an xray but then I hear doctors don't do anything for broken toes. Give it a few days?

Something very similar happened to me the week before my wedding (I was hobbling around in my high heels the day of my wedding. Not fun!).

I honestly thought my toe was broken cause it hurt SO much when I put pressure on it, and it just looked a bit crooked and the swelling just wouldn´t go down even after several days. But the x-ray was normal. Even now my toe still doesn´t look like the others, but it´s not really obvious or something. It hurt for a few of weeks actually, and the swelling lasted that long as well.

My wife has broken her toes and fingers a lot and after you treat the wound.... she just taped it to the next toe and let it heal... the doctors typiclly don't put cass or splinnts on toes...

I've broken toes before and the doctor suggested buddy taping them. If it's still bothering you, I would definitely get an xray to find out if its fractured. Keep us updated.

I was at my doctors office a couple days later. I broke two toes. One is worse than the other. He buddy taped them and suggested a cast shoe. It's rigid and doesn't cause the toes to bend while walking. It helps and I hope they heal fast!

That's should be hurt !
10.gif

Well, now i can say i really know what you're feeling ! I received a heavy board on my right foot, and it's killing me. I apply some arnica gel on my foot, but i still have to visit the doctor
frown.gif
. Thank you so much good old Murphy's law.

HI,

At first you go to the doctor, obviously he suggesting you for X ray, then start your treatment.

thanks

Also, my doc said anti inflammatory might make it worse in my case, so i only got prescribed painkillers and of course arnica gel.

You can also take arnica montana caps (homeopathy).

The only bone I have ever broken in my body was my right big toe, about 5 or 6 years ago. I tripped over a orange construction extension cord in my home and I knew it was broken because it was like a super bad toe stub times 10! I was just rocking back and forth on my bed squeezing my foot for 10 minutes. When the pain subsided I noticed it hurt a little to put pressure on it, so I walked on my heel for the rest of the night.

The next day I felt the pain when walking also and my mom took me to my dads podiatrist. He took an xray and there was a "chip" on my toe. He said they don't really put a cast on it, but just recommended I keep it bandaged up. It healed nicely and the bandages helped with the pain.

If you feel that there is pain anytime you do anything with it go to the doc. It is not normal to feel something that was not there before. You don't want your bone to heal the wrong way.

Back