Why All The Hate For Beauty Youtubers?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I mean really is it that freaking serious?

So a moment ago I found the blog that goes off on girls who do makeup videos on Youtube, and it seems like people are so mad that these girls get things for free, are being paid and spend their money on makeup and clothes.

I'm sitting here thinking why does it concern them. I really think their jealous that they can't live the same way. I know I am!! With the way things are going on now I wouldn't mind getting paid for making videos or getting things for free. There's also a blog that is dedicated to two girls who I guess are sisters and they are trying to out them, and tell their business. I'm like "Who gives a crap!!"

I just want to know people's opinion about this ongoing hate for the beauty community on Youtube. Why do you think there is so much of it. Plus does it affect you or do you fill upset when someone gets something for free and/or gets paid?

I was talking about this last night to a friend. I think its really immature. Sure I would like to get free stuff but Im not out there putting up videos, blogging and contacting PR people to get my name out there. Hating is a sport to some people. lol

I know which two sisters you are talking about and I think its sad people spend their time researching people they dont know. YES some people get paid on youtube, who cares? If you are looking for reviews then use your own judgment when watching these videos.

I know what two sisters you mean. I don't subscribe to them, because they are annoying lol.

I don't know what the deal is. That's why I've never done a YouTube channel. I don't have a thick enough skin for all the trolls who want to come in and call you fat, ugly, and stupid. I have no clue why people do that.

Personally I love youtube makeup videos.. I need all the help I can get! Sigh... If they can get paid or get free stuff then more power to them!

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I know what two sisters you mean. I don't subscribe to them, because they are annoying lol.
I don't know what the deal is. That's why I've never done a YouTube channel. I don't have a thick enough skin for all the trolls who want to come in and call you fat, ugly, and stupid. I have no clue why people do that.

I feel the same way, I've been wanting to do some Youtube videos for a while now but I myself is not very thick skinned. I applaud these girls because the moment I would get a rude comment I think that would be it for me.

What two sisters? Of course I'd be completely oblivious to something seemingly obvious lol.

I don't really understand the hate either, and I don't mind that people get stuff for free or get paid to make videos. More power to them. What I do mind is this stupid FTC crap and how everyone in youtube land finds it necessary to disclose that they're not receiving things for free. I just don't like sheeple who do something just because everyone else is doing it, without truly understanding the purpose. Ugh, a few people messaged me and asked why I don't put disclaimers in my videos, and I was so confused. Uhh like, 2 people watch my videos, are you seriously demanding that I tell you whether I paid for my makeup or not? B*tch please.

So yeah lol. People are haters, and there just seems to be a concentration of them who watch these "gurus."

I watch your videos, Lola
smile.gif

Anyhow, I think it's ridiculous. I could understand ppl who are actual makeup artists being kinda upset at the fact that ppl are getting product and payment for making videos and calling themselves gurus, when in fact it's just their hobby and HALF of them think makeup is just putting on eyeshadow. But the fact is, if they're putting themselves out there, are probably helping somebody learn something, and in the meantime get something back for their efforts, then cool. It's really not an issue.

I mean, what would happen if ppl on forums such as this one got product or money for mentioning and using products in their tutorials or reviewing something?

They are just jealous people, the only reason why people get paid for the video is because they have enough subscribers, if the haters have the talent they can get pay for their videos as well. Why the hate?

I used to love watching the you tube video tuts...until too many of the same thing surfaced. Everyone thinks they are a Lauren Luke, a Temptalia, a this, a that, and its irritating.

I wish I could say everyone tut-er on you tube is being helpful...but I would be lying. Most are a headache trying to come up on a come up in a dark poor lit room with no sound and their only motivation is free free free.....attention attention attention.

And I do have a problem with reviewing products for free, because people are so greedy and they give rave reviews to crap products in hope for more exposure and the notion that they will get more free stuff. I only read reviews from people that spent their hard earned money because the instance of biased reviews is out on the net and going strong! Limecrime is a perfect example of that. So is the 88 palette, I can name 10 products right off hand

Jealous I aint, I have been offered, given, and reviewed some great products and know first hand when they dont get a rave review, they dont want to deal with you anymore. I know a few people here can attest to a company sending a few of us a product once, and when the reviews were not good the owner was irate as hell!

I think they are just a bunch of losers who cannot do anything themselves. Their only outlet is to pour poison on everybody who does.

i love looking up make up tutorials on youtube! i do it everyday!

if some people dont like watching all the free stuff they get, all the attention they are receiving.... then DONT WATCH! its that simple! it doesnt bother me at all that these girls get free items from companies, in fact if any one of those people saying crap about them were in their shoes, they'd love it! if it was happening to them, they wouldn't see why it is such a big deal.

some people just need to find a better way to spend their time. do they really think those girls are sitting there thinking "oh no, that one person hates us!" no! they are doing what they love to do, and being rewarded for doing it well.

I do it every day, too. It's how I researched & decided upon my webcam, digital camera, & learned the right way to apply the Benetint & Moonbeam I finally got around to buying.
smile.gif

I don't know who these girls are, can some people give me the links to this stuff or something. I'm so out of the loop!

It's people like that, and theads like this that make me annoyed at the online makeup community.

I stopped watching makeup youtube channels because people are to serious business now. Can we get back to the make up already?

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know who these girls are, can some people give me the links to this stuff or something. I'm so out of the loop! " It's not that serious"

Originally Posted by Mixie87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's people like that, and theads like this that make me annoyed at the online makeup community.
I stopped watching makeup youtube channels because people are to serious business now. Can we get back to the make up already?

" It's not that serious"

^^^THIS!!!!

People forgot about the makeup and thought about what they could get for free

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I used to love watching the you tube video tuts...until too many of the same thing surfaced. Everyone thinks they are a Lauren Luke, a Temptalia, a this, a that, and its irritating.
I wish I could say everyone tut-er on you tube is being helpful...but I would be lying. Most are a headache trying to come up on a come up in a dark poor lit room with no sound and their only motivation is free free free.....attention attention attention.

And I do have a problem with reviewing products for free, because people are so greedy and they give rave reviews to crap products in hope for more exposure and the notion that they will get more free stuff. I only read reviews from people that spent their hard earned money because the instance of biased reviews is out on the net and going strong! Limecrime is a perfect example of that. So is the 88 palette, I can name 10 products right off hand

Jealous I aint, I have been offered, given, and reviewed some great products and know first hand when they dont get a rave review, they dont want to deal with you anymore. I know a few people here can attest to a company sending a few of us a product once, and when the reviews were not good the owner was irate as hell!

You know this makes a lot of sense because I didn't even think about like this. I guess I'm one of those people that see the money and attention.

I have to agree that my blog viewing and youtube watching has gone down since the start of this year. Yesterday I watched a video from this popular girl and she was reviewing something and it looked like she was reading straight from a script. Her words and presentation were too "script" like, she even paused for about 5 seconds and it seemed like she read something before continuing.

Here are these blogs I was talking about.

The Truth About......

Youtube Beauty Guru Gossip

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif What two sisters? Of course I'd be completely oblivious to something seemingly obvious lol.
I don't really understand the hate either, and I don't mind that people get stuff for free or get paid to make videos. More power to them. What I do mind is this stupid FTC crap and how everyone in youtube land finds it necessary to disclose that they're not receiving things for free. I just don't like sheeple who do something just because everyone else is doing it, without truly understanding the purpose. Ugh, a few people messaged me and asked why I don't put disclaimers in my videos, and I was so confused. Uhh like, 2 people watch my videos, are you seriously demanding that I tell you whether I paid for my makeup or not? B*tch please.

So yeah lol. People are haters, and there just seems to be a concentration of them who watch these "gurus."

I thought that was the rule now, say whether or not you got something for free. Or does it only apply if you got for free?

Oh and the two sisters I'm talking about are in the first blog that I posted.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bCreative /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know this makes a lot of sense because I didn't even think about like this. I guess I'm one of those people that see the money and attention.
I have to agree that my blog viewing and youtube watching has gone down since the start of this year. Yesterday I watched a video from this popular girl and she was reviewing something and it looked like she was reading straight from a script. Her words and presentation were too "script" like, she even paused for about 5 seconds and it seemed like she read something before continuing.

Here are these blogs I was talking about.

The Truth About......

Youtube Beauty Guru Gossip

I thought that was the rule now, say whether or not you got something for free. Or does it only apply if you got for free?

Oh and the two sisters I'm talking about are in the first blog that I posted.
smile.gif

those blogs are pretty entertaining. Whoever made them must have a lot of time on their hands and a pretty lame personal life. I could care less if the big YT gurus are getting paid or lie about their real lives or whatever.
I watch the big YT gurus either for entertainment purposes (Elle, Blair etc) or for tips & tricks (Enkore, emilynoel83 and a bunch of others).

Back