Dry Shampoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I tried searching this forum for an answer but I couldn't to find a posting =/ so here we go..

Working in the cosmetic world, I feel like having my hair nicely done and make-up well done is part of my costume. I personally do not have the time to wash, dry, and style it every day so I wanted to know what you all thought of a dry shampoo. Whenever I wear my hair down whether straight or curled I feel as if by the end of the day it'll start to look a little sweaty/oily (especially because of the humidty in south florida!! blahhh). Anyways, I'd love to be able to keep my same look but be able to take away some of the excess shine in the roots. (& YES i know that some of those are "good natural" oils that our hair essentially needs, but c'monnn help me out!)

I've used baby powder before and that works great! but i hate the white/grey powder look it leaves me with. =(

Whats your favorite dry shampoo or alternative?

I tried some spray on dry shampoo once and it was so horird that I have never tried another one since!! lol

I like Ojon dry ( powder) shampoo. Sephora sells it
smile.gif
This one.. Sephora: Ojon Rub-Out Dry Cleansing Powder: Dry Shampoo

I tried the Oscar Blandi spray shampoo but after the second usage the sprayer became clogged. I tried running it under hot water etc didn't help. I returned it to Sephora. It was good when it worked. Unless now maybe they have changed the sprayer.

Ojon also has a spray dry shampoo but I haven't tried that one.

Klorane has a great dry shampoo that I really liked .. you can get it from Sephora. It's a powder, which I found I liked better than the sprays because it wasn't sticky and just sort of soaked right in (that sounds gross). Don't wash your hair everyday! You really shouldn't anyway.

KMS Makeover spray is by far my favourite dry shampoo.....also really love AG FST FWRD dry shampoo...

PS I use dry shampoo almost everday after the gym as I dont have time everyday to wash my hair....they are sprays but not sticky at all. They make the scalp and hair look, smell and feel clean in general.

THANKS for the suggestions!

Shelley, I forgot to add that for sprayers, you usually have to shake them for 1 minute to make sure all the contents are fully mixed to prevent clogging. For example in Ojons Rub-Out Sprayer due to the unique and rich concentration of Amazonian White Clay and Soap Bark Extract in the product, it is important to shake the product vigorously prior to use.

Next time I'm shopping I'll be on the lookout for the ones posted. Dry shampoo is a product I have never tried.

Dry shampoos work by absorbing the excess dirt and oil that can leave hair looking dull or dirty. While you would not want to replace liquid shampoo with the dry version altogether, it is a great alternative in emergencies. Of course, this product does not totally get rid of build-up, especially that cause by styling products, but there are times when everyone would agree that something is far better than nothing. A dry shampoo is not just one but rather a variety of natural substances that, when applied to the hair in powder form and brushed out, provide gentle cleansing and sometimes extra sheen or fragrance.

I wouldn't try the new ones from tresemme, the mousse and the spray. I don't like the smell either. Sally's beauty has a spray, it's ok, but not much in the bottle.

I personally like Batiste dry shampoo; it's available at Sally's for I think around... 6-7 bucks. I wash my hair every other day, and it's great for reviving my greasy bangs on my off-days. They come in a few scents, but since I don't usually like smelling like artificial flowers I opt for Batiste's original formulation.

I hated dry shampoo. I didn't like the cost or the smell of it. So I bought a really dark mineral makeup that was close to the color of my dark hair. Now when I have oily roots I take a large blush brush and just dab so of the MMU on my roots. It's cheap and easy.

batiste make dry shampoo that is coloured so you don't get white bits in your hair. i use the brunette one all the time, it's amazing.

I love dry shampoo since my hair gets oily fast & I only have time to wash it once a wk. I've tried a couple brands that worked fine I guess. I want to try Oscar Blandi's dry shampoo spray.

i have always only done baby powder!!! LOL!!! i have always had a good experience. i wash my hair once every 3 or 4 days and use baby powder on days 3 & 4.

Ok so I tried the tresseme line and trust me, it sucks! I will never use it again! It doesnt do nething but make my hair even greasier.

I just bought Klorane dry shampoo (the one with the white lid) and really like it. When you first spray it on your roots, your hair looks white but if you rub it in and brush it out it disappears without leaving behind white residue. There are two types. I think the one with the green lid is more for oily hair. I bought mine at Shoppers Drug Mart so probably most drugstores would carry it.

Latest posts

Back