Al Rant/Drama - shocking

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
AL-aromaleigh

We see it all the time - customers complain about bad customer services. we all have it in some parts of our lives. Now the discretion: if you are an Aromaleigh fan, stay and read til the end. if you think I'm trolling, read on. People who want to badmouth me can say whatever they like, not like I care. If you are running off to missK to report me, whatever. People can slam Lime Crime for their unethical practices, but why not a reputable company that just doesn't offer good customer service? I am feeling really sad right now about this blogger (relatively new and informative with few followers) Please give her encouraging words. It's a matter of a time before Kristen, the owner, find me and hunt me down of this. (if you do see this, there's no backstabbing or unappreciative feelings and I don't even have a company to try and ruin yours) Readers can stay out of this drama or step your games up.

I encourage you to read ALL the comments, esp surrounding the blogger and the company owner.

First off, this lovely blogger, Heather. Oh, how I love her looks.
policeman.gif
her newest entry caught my attention: Eyeconic Makeup: Unintentional Rasta EOTD & some very unfortunate drama

I then clicked off to that new blogger, and I was entirely SHOCKED. I know Kristen has some problems in dealing with her customers, but this for the public to see? Overboard. https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...45145110148029 You can click the top bar for "show original post" to see more details.

what Jennifae said was FAIR and HONEST and SHORT and SWEET.

RECAP: jennifae had some less than positive experience with Miss K. She said about it and h^%$ broke loose. Miss K actually called Jennifae "What a nasty, unappreciative thing you are!" or "nasty, greedy, liar". I don't even remember the last time Doe Deere of Lime Crime called about her slammers... This actually makes Doe a niceer person in comparison LOL

I hope the company owner doesn't delete her comments.. If you need to shout, agree or disagree, write them down. Customers have the right to compalain and have a say about unpleasant experiences. Bottom line: How does MissK find this new blogger, positively pages behind the most popular searches? PS: MissK does it by receiving Google Alerts about others say about her company. I am uncomfortable in making an order. Geez...

I know the blogger from another forum and I follow her blog. I'm sorry she was treated like that, but I'm glad she posted about it. Almost all commenters were surprised - which I found strange. Every time Aromaleigh is mentioned someone says how rude the owner can be (and some of them are people I trust, I also read some of Miss K's posts on AL forum, so it's not really difficult to believe). I ordered anyway and love the products, but now that she was so rude to someone I know I feel like I shouldn't support her.

People, if you ever doubted a previous customer who had a bad row with MissK, don't. The user, who starts with a T and ends with a 7 (XD) and I understand how she feels now. Too bad AL has changed their forum, their old ones don't work anymore, so evidences cleared. I know some people have been avoiding companies that don't bother answering to emails, but this one is teh opposite. It's not just this blogger or T....7, but many people who decided against their best nature to not speak out their experiences.

Although I bought from AL and was happy, I cannot tolerate this behavior. To people who experienced things like that: please don't feel that it's your fault, it's not. I am saddened by seeing some AL a&^ kissers (censored LOL) shifting their position to question the integrity of this blogger and implied that they maybe portraying themselves as victims by shedding a better light. One fan even commented saying t7 or this blogger is nasty in not portraying the entire side...This is the best evidence of how MissK isn't the wholesome image of victim in the eyes of Al fans.

I used to be a fan, but I can't ignore how the comments made on this blog is something that brought my eyes to a brand new light. Like "may karma treat you well" (what the..?) I am not a brainwashed totter who's willing to fight for a brand's "integrity". this blogger is really brave in saying this and her original post is harmless, go check it out, alright? Remember Lime crime fans defending Doe Deere's actions; this feels like LC all over again.

Fyrinnae's price raising plan had them receive some hate mails, but they're not hunting blogs down to tell them that, are they? Go shopping at Fyrinnae, Morgana, or Sassy or whatever works for you; customers don't deserve to be treated like this.

This is nothing new with AL, I am a customer from way back and have felt the wrath of Kristen. This woman has berated me and many others for ridiculous reasons. I let it go because I did not want to get in a ridiculous row about my opinion vs her opinion. She seriously needs to have someone more professional than herself answering her customer service. I ended up banned from her forums because I said something just slightly negative about a product, I did not slam it or go on a rant, just basically said the texture and tone did not work for me. I received an email shortly thereafter saying that negativity such as mine did not belong on her forum, and I was no longer welcome. That was not the first or last run in. I was so turned off by her attitude that I stopped buying from AL all together. I have better experiences elsewhere, so that is where my business goes.

Hey there. I held off as long as I could. Thanks for not mentioning my name
wink.gif

Here is my final thought: as a business owner, YOU DO NOT VENT ONLINE. It is stupid, and will cause problems whether or not you are right or wrong, and there is almost never a situation where someone is completely right or wrong.

I have portrayed both sides as well as I could have in my review. I linked in my viewpoints review to the WHOLE discussion from which I pulled Kristen's quotes. I posted both FULL EMAILS she sent me telling me just why my epinions review was wrong. Anyone can follow those links and see the "whole picture" as they see fit.

The only side missing from the picture, as you say Flowind

Quote:
Too bad AL has changed their forum, their old ones don't work anymore, so evidences cleared. I.E. After I posted those emails Kristen sent me onto the forum, there was this whole bashing on me thread, Kristen included as a basher, saying much the same things about me as she has said about this new blogger. But it has now been deleted. So that's the only part of the picture missing from my tussle.
Well, one more thing. For a while, I posted my review on makeupalley, linking to my epinions review, and I also posted the link to the epinions review here. So people accused me of posting about this too many times. I was basically just desperate to have my review available again to the public. But aromaleigh fans directed to my epinions review from her forum (by a direct link) all rated my review negatively so it was never publicly visable.

(I deleted the epinions review that was directly linked to from Kristen's blog after my viewpoints review was accessable from a google search (a couple of months ago). I have now reposted the epinions review as a place holder for all the information contained in the links that are now broken in my viewpoints review. Viewpoints has a max review length of 1500 words.)

I am glad that things are coming into the light now and more people are stepping up with their experiences. I now am leaving this all alone again because it caused me a lot of anguish.

Wow, what an attitude!
tocktock.gif

I've never ordered anything from them, they have such complicated rules for international customers which is really a pain, but after reading this - I don't think I'll even try to order anything.

I can't believe that someone who has such a huge business isn't capable of hiring someone who'll keep all the customer service under control. She's obviously not aware of the fact that doesn't everyone has to like her products and that we're all different and if something isn't good for me it doesn't mean it won't be good for someone else. And for some weird reason, I think she likes to have rows with her unsatisfied customers, however that might sound crazy, lol.

Thank God there are other MMU companies like Fyrinnae, Morgana Minerals, Taylor Made Minerals, etc. who have a nice and fast CS and I'm always looking forward to spend my money on their products!
laughing.gif
heart.gif

Originally Posted by duhmoms /img/forum/go_quote.gif She seriously needs to have someone more professional than herself answering her customer service. She sacked an employer over a rude e-mail to a customer and that was the reason her husband became responsible for CS. Sometimes I think owners shouldn't deal with CS if they don't have to - of course there are many small one-woman MMU companies and some owners are great like Karen from Silk Naturals, Ann from Lucy Minerals or Franchesca from Adorned With Grace. But this is not the first case when the owner's attitude (and taking things much more personally than an employer would) damages the business (Carina from EDM, Christina from Pure Luxe, Xenia from Lime Crime etc.).

Originally Posted by marions /img/forum/go_quote.gif She sacked an employer over a rude e-mail to a customer and that was the reason her husband became responsible for CS. Sometimes I think owners shouldn't deal with CS if they don't have to - of course there are many small one-woman MMU companies and some owners are great like Karen from Silk Naturals, Ann from Lucy Minerals or Franchesca from Adorned With Grace. But this is not the first case when the owner's attitude (and taking things much more personally than an employer would) damages the business (Carina from EDM, Christina from Pure Luxe, Xenia from Lime Crime etc.). What's the story with Pure Luxe?

I have to say something about this thread.

I'm so sad that WE ARE, the customers that need to get a CS like that.

WE ARE SPENDING THE MONEY. at least we deserve is to a good atitud.

and I really tayered from the brands that sucks in CS.

ITS SO SAD

Not trying to hijack the thread. But as an owner, yes we do take things personally. We shouldn't BUT that is no excuse for being rude to a customer. We at Fusion of Color try to be courtesy and as helpful as we can be to our customers, we need you to survive. That is what we as owners should remember.

Kathy

Hello all! This is my first time posting, though I wish it were under more pleasant circumstances. I have to agree with Kathy, customers are the backbone of our success and should always be treated as such, regardless of the circumstances. I believe that company owners are held to a higher standard and should maintain the highest level of courtesy and professionalism.

~Monica

Pure Luxe

Last year, the Mineral Makeup Mutiny made a blog post about how TKB’s Pop! collection tends to get repacked pretty often by mineral makeup companies. In that post, Pure Luxe’s Bubblegum Ballz collection photo was used. No identifying information was included, so you would have to know it belonged to Pure Luxe already to know that’s where the photo came from. Christina, the owner of Pure Luxe, wanted the image removed, so instead of contacting the Mutiny privately, she made a very nasty and very public comment that contained bogus legal threats. The image was removed, but in all of the drama, Christina never denied being a repacker. Just as well, because the Bubblegum Ballz are not the only thing she appears to repack. (sparklecrack.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/companies-i-avoid)

Here's Christina's comment: How not to run a business: Pure Luxe

At first, i really don't want to feed the drama, but felt that I had to let some people know that instead letting it hide under the rocks. IDK what some fans think though, but I try my best to be unbiased in this. Probably some might argue what Jen said could be more "polite sounding", but I think she is entitled to her opinions who is pretty neutral based on her own opinions. I DK what kristen thinks leaving a message in a blogger's comments section, just because Jen's blog is small does not mean it won't be found. One more puzzling thing is some AL fans defending this action of the owner in a situation like this. I know the LC drama, some Al fans have bashed LC and fans altogether more harshly, but shouldn't the mirror reflect both sides?

PS, Glad to know (Carina from EDM, Christina from Pure Luxe, Xenia from Lime Crime etc.) too. Very unfortunate when they don't care about their customer services. oh, Marion, that post was on MMMutiny and was run by Kristen, but still, I don't think teh owner from PL shoulda have said that. See, I am fair (XD)

Wow, I just read the comments she left that blogger. Talk about harassment...

I agree customers have the right to complain. How can you improve a product & be a successful business if you don't know both pros & cons? It seems this character, "Miss K," is entirely unprofessional--- she needs to learn how to take criticism as FEEDBACK, not as personal attacks. She reacts as if the blogger's opinions are libel, but obviously there is no evidence of that--- an opinion doesn't equate to a false claim to defame a person/business's reputation.

I never heard of Aromaleigh until now, I am happy to say I won't do business with that company.

Let me just say, after getting back into stalking the aromaleigh goings on after reading about the new drama, I see some really positive steps:

1) Kristen is no longer personally handling customer service inquiries

2) She said she won't be as active on her fb account where she typically rants about how people are persecuting her

3) She dropped the Mineral Makeup Mutiny thing. Great idea in practice, but with Lime Crime such an obvious target with so many loving it or hating it, not the time to make such a move unless you want a lot of backlash.

(I know Kristen didn’t start the Mineral Makeup Mutiny to target Lime Crime (although I have a feeling why it started, and that has to do with another company). I am just saying that when she started it, if she was at all aware of the drama surrounding Lime Crime, with all the lovers and haters of the brand, the drama might move towards the Mineral Makeup Mutiny. And in general, starting something like a “mutiny” brings drama your way no matter what.)

4) the forum is now a fan forum, not an offical aromaleigh forum, and the thread with all the negativity which I instigated by publically posting the email she sent to me has been deleted. Actually, the whole thread is gone. (I didn't mean for all that name calling about me to occur!). BEST OF ALL, she will not be commenting there. She has delegated regulating it to forum mods

Hopefully, with all these changes, she will stay out of the way of any negative criticism which obviously sets her off. I was hoping she would either learn to deal with the negatives differently or do something like this (removing herself from the drama) when I wrote my epinions review. So hopefully, there will be no more horror stories. Hopefully Kristen will distance herself from all the negativity that is inherent in running a business that she cannot handle in an appropriate way.

I love so many aspects of her personality. It is so sad. But I saw this as her major flaw and had to point it out. I truly believe that by distancing herself, she is doing the best possible thing she can do for herself.

I've always wanted to forgive Kristen. Mainly because there are so many aspects of her personality that I like (and adore her shadows, of course). But I just couldn't deal with hearing these whining online things. And then later got to know some of the people who had been whined at. It was always such a downer. She should save her rantings for her non-online friends who know her better.

I hope these changes are permanent. That she distances herself, takes a break, and continues to do what she does best, make eyeshadow. And continues to post awesome fashion/style blog entries.

I am so sad that because of pointing out this part of her personality that was eating her alive, I can no longer be involved in the aromaleigh goings on. I felt in her a kindred spirit so I had to voice my feeling about what I saw as her most hurtful personality flaw. But it is just makeup and fashion, and I will learn on my own, and move on. For anyone is persecuted in the future there is a website where you can post about your bad experiences without fear of being gang-bullied:

http://rant4theugly.wordpress.com/

I didn't start the website, naysayers. But hopefully a place where people can post about harrassment with fear of being inundated with hateful comments will keep Kristen in check in her beliefs about what she can write online about customers.

Thank you, Flowind, for sticking up for Jennifae and for Tally, and for everyone who has been on the chopping block of the owner of AL. I was on there more than once myself so I can feel for anyone who has been victimized by her appalling behavior. I completely agree with every bit of sence and reason I find in this thread and I truly THANK YOU for starting it and spreading the truth!!

Dispite the hounding that Tally here endured from the people displaying the real troll and stalker behavior, Tally was not in the least bit crazy for all her posts and postings around the web. I'm glad she stuck with it since people can see now how it helped pave a way for threads like this to be taken seriously. And for that I say Thank you, Tally!!!

That rant4theugly site is one of the rare safe places out there where you can voice your poor experiance with any MMU company without threat of being tormented for having your own opinion. As long as there is no name calling or personal attacks, you are free to type away.

I also hope the changes Tally listed are permanant, too, since the quality at AL is pretty good.

Thanks Mermista! Well, if you convince me to take down a review, then start calling me names, (making me believe even more in the truth and importance of my review) and then prevent my reposted review from being accessible again by linking to it on your forum (now gone, MAJOR deleting/censoring went on, the link was at the end of the "I am saying goobye to all of you, trouble with Kristen and me" post) you bet your butt I am going to post links to my review and try to find some way to make it accessible to the public again.

If Kristen had just not directed all her fans to make my reposted epinions review unaccessible, then all that posting about it would not have occurred. I too hope that the changes I listed above remain permanent.

If anyone ever wants to post a review about aromaleigh without it getting effectively censored by aromaleigh fans, then you can always go to viewpoints
biggrin.gif

I was turned off from AL many years ago now due to bad customer service that friends received. I refused to give my $ to a business that is unprofessional that like that.

Latest posts

Back