Mini No Buy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks. I already blogged about this but I figure the more public I make it the more likely I am to stick to it. Money has been tight the last few months and it's going to get a lot worse until I start working full time again at the end of May. Vet bills and tuition fees add up! Buying makeup gives me a high that I rely on to get me through tough times, given that my final exams are coming up it's going to be tough going without! Despite this I know I can't afford to go hauling anytime soon and I've been inspired by some of the lovely ladies on here doing so well on there much tougher no buys. Here are my rules:

1. The no buy is in effect from today until the 30th of June. By that time I will be working full time and heck it’s my birthday so I can buy if I want to!

2. I can (and will) buy makeup for my wedding. It’s my freaking wedding and I’m doing my own makeup. As a bare minimum I need a good foundation for it and probably a lipstick. I have plenty of eyeshadows liners etc though so i'm going to try and stick to just foundation and lipstick.

3. I can replace things that run out. Now it is unlikely that I will run out of anything really. I have more than enough of everything to keep me going. Expect triumphant posts celebrating if I actually hit pan on anything though!

I will see how I get on and then reassess my financial situation in June. I figure if I start out small it's less daunting than a longer time period might be. Wish me luck! (and good luck to everyone else on a no buy!)
helpp.gif

Latest posts

Back