going back to my roots

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, I need some help. I have naturally medium blonde hair. Lately i've been dying my hair dark brown/black. I've been thinking lately that i wanna go back to my natural color. Im tired of having blonde roots and dying my hair. Plus since summer is coming I really want lighter hair. What would be the best and fastest way of doing this. I saw at sallys, they have the ulta-lift browns. I was thinking about maybe going to a lighter brown then gradually getting some blonde. Or should I get it stripped??

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I'm not too much of an expert, but I think in order to lessen damage, just slowly go back to your roots shade by shade. Don't strip it, your hair may or may not be able to handle the damage.
smile.gif

do you know anything about those hi-lift browns. I know they lift natural dark hair a little lighter, but I wonder if it works on dyed dark hair as well?

I'm pretty sure they'll lift the dye. I've used similar products (sorry I can't recall the brand) to lift black hair dye before. I think the end result depends on the strength of the product & how long you leave it on.

I've lightened my hair a few shades by using Vitamin C. But it only lifts a little bit.

If you want to go from dark to blond, consider talking to a professional to see what they can safely do for your hair.

The high lifts work wonders with virgin hair and HORRIBLE over dyed hair; that's where all the disasters come from. I would say hair a color remover would be your best bet.

Latest posts

Back