Bumps on legs...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, i have these little, annoying bumps all over my legs. the majority are on the backs of my thighs. the are little, sometimes red. the easy answer would be razor burn, which may be true, but i have them even i dont shave for a long time. i just want to get rid of them, razor burn or not! any ideas on what they could be? please tell me how to get rid of them! summer is coming and i am embarrassed to wear shorts!

I don't know how to get rid of them, really. But I think they are likely from shaving. I don't wanna call it razor burn though, I get the SAME thing but it doesn't ever really seem like razor burn. And it only happens for me where my legs are most sensitive. I'm thinking of trying a hair remover cream or something to see if that lessens them... maybe try the same? That may at least narrow down some of what the cause might be.

I agree with Dragonfly. You might be deficient in vitamin A, so if you're not getting enough, try supplement it (but don't overdose on vitamin A because has bad side effects). Also try putting a humidifier in your room to increase your skin's moisture level. But, just to be safe, I also recommend seeing a doctor.
smile.gif

You can get Vitamin A supplements from a vitamin supplement store or pharmacy, or you can eat food like carrot, eggs, broccoli, spinach, eggs, apricots, etc. But as I said earlier, be careful not to overdose on vitamin A because it's fat-soluble, meaning it is harder to dispose compared to a water-soluble vitamin, like vitamin C... an insane amount of Vitamin A can cause things like nausea, hair loss, blurry vision, vomiting, etc. You can get a humidifier at Target or Walmart. If none of these things work, get it checked out by a doctor. Hope this helps!
smile.gif

when i shave my legs i use hair conditioner!! it softens hair and i also use a venus razor. the one with 5 blades. make sure your skin is lubricated before you shave. i have to shave my legs every day. it is a pain but i can't stand hair to grow out enough for other types of hair removal.

Yes they can be keratosis pilaris.

It also happens to me when my legs are particularly dry, i get eczema, i scratch myself, and before i know it i have tiny cuts that bump before healing. Very annoying.

Don't scratch them otherwise they will grow.You can take a infection prevention cream prescribed by a doctor.

I get the same things too and it is ingrown hairs..tiny little guys ! If I squeeze one (yuck I know ! ) a little hair will pop up and I can grab/tweeze it...this causes scarring though so don't do that : )

what I have had success with is shaving from thigh to ankle...they will start to go away because shaving with the direction of hair growth keeps the hair from being pulled back and trimmed too short then growing into skin...clear as mud lol ?? hope that makes sense..

Have a good look at the bumps...if the bumps are around hair that is not ingrown then it most likely is KP. I don't have it on my legs but I do have some on the outside of my upper arms. KP is a skin condition that does not have a cure. You skin doesn't shed skin properly so it clogs around the hairs. The best remedy is to exfoliate and moisturize on a regular basis...regular meaning everyday.

I have the same problem! It's called Keratosis Pilaris. There is sadly no sure-fire cure for it. The success rate differs from person to person, so you've really just got to experiment until you find something that works for you. Usually, I just exfoliate my legs and then apply a body butter to them the instant I get out of the shower. Cocoa bath products have really seemed to do the trick for me. Another common treatment though, is extra virgin olive oil and omega 3 fatty acids. Best of luck, Shay!

To eliminate leg bumps, aftershave, or razor bumps, you must understand what hair bumps are and where they come from. This will enable you to form a successful plan of attack. The bumps that appear on your skin are a direct result of ingrown hairs. Ingrown hairs develop at the end of the hair shaft. They have a sharpened edge and attempt to grow straight, however something prevents them from doing so. As a result, they curl back into the same hair follicle.

I have keratosis pilaris as well - it's not razor burn, but it looks like it is! It sucks because it has to do with your skin and not your shaving technique, so it is more difficult to get rid of. Make sure you exfoliate once a week and moisturize every day - I do at morning and at night, but a better lotion would probably last me all day. Even so, I still have visible KP, and it's extremely annoying.

Latest posts

Back