Sign in to follow this  
perfervid_heart

Orange Lip Trend

I've always loved orangey reds, so I'm lovin all these new flat out oranges. I very fair, a red head (like a new penny) and have green eyes. I think orange looks better with warmer tones of skin though.

Yes its in!I have never worn one, so I decided to get since my collections are mostly pink nude based lippies.I got MAC Ravishing, the colour is nice, but I find its bit sheerish on my pigmented lips.So I opted for MAC So Chaud 5 similar to Morange°, still Im not sure how it shud be worn.Check out the pic with my sista, Im wearing MAC So Chaud & MAC Ravishing in single pic

LL

LL

LOVE IT! It seems that all the "out there" shades marketed by Mac are cool toned, i.e. Lavender Whip, Blooming Lovely, Intricate, Petals and Peacocks, Lady Gaga, Show Orchid, Riveting.

I am so glad to see an "out there" trend that is favourable to warm toned gals!

And p.s. I tried the lipglass "Ember Glow" from the Spring Forcast collection, and it didn't show up as splotchy on me as it did on Temptalia. I really look forward to wearing it!

Sexy Sadie, orange seems to be your color! Keep rocking it!

Hi,

An option for a wearbale orange lip would be to try Covergirl's new line of glosses called ShineBlast in Fire (see pic below). It has a nice golden shimmer added to it to really make the orange "glow" on your lips.

You can also read here @ Beaut.ie How To: Do Orange Lips at Beaut.ie – The Irish Beauty Blog Cosmetics, Makeup, Skincare, Reviews, News and Previews on cool ways to wear the orange lip.

MUT Ladies: Cool and inspiring lips! Im lovin it! wink.gif

Chelle

CG-ShineBlast-Lip-Gloss.jpg

Fifth from the left, ShineBlast in Fire

i wear orange lips all the time!! just make sure the eye is either neutral or black smoky eye. i find that works BEST for ME. but i havent tried an orange lip with a blue eye though. maybe i should!! =]

I have an orange lip gloss which I love.... Not tried any orange lipsticks as Im not sure if they would suit me...

I think that a straight orange lipcolor is hard to pull off,while orange based lips would be easier...I can't see me wearing straight orange on my lips unless I want attention,lol...

Originally Posted by MakeupByMe View Post

heres my orange lip & blush look smile.gif

NYX_LOVE blush

Sephora_BUrnt Orange liner

Sparkle orange gloss _Brand unknown

orangemakeup434.jpg

orangemakeup428.jpg

orangemakeup430.jpg

You have gorgeous facial features.  You are simply rocking that orange look.claps.gif

I was SOOOOOO close to buying MAC So Chaud, but I want Lady Danger first! I heard it's a tad redder than So Chaud.

For those who want to ease into the orange lip, Revlon has a new one out called Siren, and it's the softest orange lipstick I own. Doesn't get out of hand quickly at all.

I love orange and orange reds and corals... somehow they look better on me than pinks. I think i'm pretty warmed toned..so i guess i'm better off with oranged based lip colors

here is one of my past fotd wearing MAC morange together with MAC's tomorrow's coral lipstain as a base

span>

I'm the same way, i have yellow undertones so corals and orange-y shades look good.  So do tawny colors if they aren't too dark.  I think the morange is really pretty, i will have to take a closer look at mac next time.   The only problem with oranges are that they can make your teeth look yellow.  I think the whitening mouth rinses work really well so it's not a problem and a cheap fix.

I am an NW45.  I am dark skinned African American, who has red undertones.  I could never find a nice coral to coordinate with my reddish undertone.  Any suggestions.?  I've tried Impassionate and Entice by MAC.

maybe try Vegas Volt, it's more coral than orange and pretty vibrant.

Originally Posted by L281173 View Post

I am an NW45.  I am dark skinned African American, who has red undertones.  I could never find a nice coral to coordinate with my reddish undertone.  Any suggestions.?  I've tried Impassionate and Entice by MAC.

hmmm now it keeps me thinking I shld get an orange lipstick, coral colours suits me so guess orange wld too...but need to know which kind of orange.