Blogging

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a blogger, I usually blog about random stuff but its good to get things off my chest sometimes! And yes im also a big blog reader aswell
smile.gif

I've blogged on different sites for about 10-years now. As a teen, I use to have an "online journal" as I called it to keep up with friends and family. Then the word "blog" and "blogger" were created and I was like "oh, I guess I have a blog?" hehe.

I love it as a way to meet new people, connect with online/offline friends, and keep in touch with family.

I read plenty blogs too. I was thinking of blogging, but then I don't want ppl to think of me as I do some blogs. "Your content sucks. Why are you blogging, again?"

I don't personally blog but I read blogs all the time! I find it interesting to find out other ppls opinions
smile.gif

Please, do not list your blogs in this thread. List your blogs here

Please be aware of our rules & regs for MakeupTalk. We like to have our new members tread lightly on trying to promote their blogs. While we love bloggers, MakeupTalk asks you nicely to try not to over promote your blog more than 1 time in 1 thread/post.  The good news is that we do allow you to link to your blog or channel in your signature.

claps.gif

Suggestions to get others to see your blog:

• Put your blog link in your signature (learn how to edit your signature), and make good, informative posts that gains the audience trust in you, and you'll gain a true readership base. Engage the community.
  • People won't follow you if you are only be seen as an unwelcome person who is always asking members to visit your blog over and over. Again, Engage the community in conversation.
  • The best advice I can give you is to engage the community by posting informative threads, tutorials or product reviews that make people want to read you. We have a large membership base, people will pay attention and see your signature, and read your site.
  • For a Blog, post your blog links into our 2010-2011 Blogroll thread .  A link back to MakeupTalk.com will be required to remain listed.

I agree, I think pictures are the best for blogs.  Sadly i'm not that great of a photographer...but we'll see If I get any better now that I have a blog haha

Cosmetics Aficionado has a great series of articles on her blog on taking product photos. Her article inspired me to make a light tent for my photos and practice.

I subscribe to probably over 50 beauty blogs, if not more. I just scroll through my blogfeed (I have an app on my phone) when I get bored, and I have a blog as well, I find it really fun. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow that's impressive, I saw the pictures on your blog and they're really clear. You must have a nice camera on your phone!  For some reason mine never comes out that great...I think I have bad lighting in my apartment.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I just use the camera on my phone for mine, lol. I'm definitely not a good photographer but its all for fun anyway. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow that's impressive, I saw the pictures on your blog and they're really clear. You must have a nice camera on your phone!  For some reason mine never comes out that great...I think I have bad lighting in my apartment.
Make a light tent! That is what I had to do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw the pictures of your tent on your blog, i'll have to give that a try the next rainy day here (which will probably be soon...seeing as it's been raining almost every day!)

Its been raining every day where you are?? What part of Austin are you in? I want to move there!

Latest posts

Back