Erm.. so help? D;

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so. whenever i try to put on makeup, i usually only do black smokey eyes. :

i used to play with colors... but.. IDK just havent been playing with it recently

i'm getting bored of only doing black grey etc

idk but when i try to use color it usually ends up all muddy and doesnt work :

also i havent bought makeup in months cause i just dont feel like i need anymore makeup if that helps

also i tend to have more DS makeup then HE stuff... : ... if that helps

and i've been thinking about buying some MAC makeup... though the MUAs at the mac counter at nordie's tend to be snobby and don't usually help when i need something.
laughing.gif

:/ also i prefer more of a "grunge" look if that helps :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Try playing up the smokey eye with maybe a purple or a dark blue or something. I'm kind of a darker look person for when I go out at night... and sometimes when i'm in a "don't mess with me or I'll eat you" mood. I also pretty much stuck to blacks and greys. Try adding a little pop of color in your crease or add some more white to the inner corners. The other crazy thing you could try is some colored eye liner/ mascara. Or false eyelashes.

Yea, try some color in your crease, like blues, greys, purples greens. Or pop some on the inner corners of your eyes and see how you like it.

I was bored so I decided to show you another idea. Try putting color on your bottom lid. it looks great. I used a deep purple black sparkly shadow for the dark a light pink for the highlight and a pale purple for the pop color . here are the example pictures

Photo270.jpg

Photo271.jpg

Photo272.jpg

I wear a smokey eye pretty much everyday but I use a neutral lid colour then a different colour for the smokey outer corner. Another way of getting a bit of colour on the lids is with coloured liners. Either on the upper lashline or the waterline - it can really make a smokey eye look a little bit different. Imprinttwilights idea of putting a colour o the lower lashline is a great one too.

I also had a similar problem that I would only do a brown smokey eye. To help put with this I purchased some eyeliners of different shades and did some light smokey looks of different colors.

I am a firm believer that almost any color can be used for a smokey eye (excluding pastels of course)

Greens, blues, purples ... all can be used for a smokey eye. If I were you, I would play around with different colors, applying them the same way you are now to see what the effect is.

I also wanted to add that DS vs. HE shouldn't be a big concern. There are so many great DS brands out there. A good primer might help too with the muddying of colors.

I'm stuck on a smokey eye kick right now too. I never wear much color besides DARK purple, blue, green, silver, black etc...

I'm kind of forcing myself to use my 120 palette and think of different combinations so that I'll start putting more color onto my eyes.

I also don't match. I just wear whatever I feel like wearing that day sooo that helps
smile.gif

You can try using a neat line of black eyeliner on the lid and waterline paired with either nude shadow or nicely primed lids with a few coats of volumizing mascara. This eye looks striking with a defined lip. Try a mauve brown lip for day and a dark scarlett lip for evening if you're into reds.

Think marilyn monroe see how you like it.

Originally Posted by Dope /img/forum/go_quote.gif so. whenever i try to put on makeup, i usually only do black smokey eyes. :i used to play with colors... but.. IDK just havent been playing with it recently

i'm getting bored of only doing black grey etc

idk but when i try to use color it usually ends up all muddy and doesnt work :

also i havent bought makeup in months cause i just dont feel like i need anymore makeup if that helps

also i tend to have more DS makeup then HE stuff... : ... if that helps

and i've been thinking about buying some MAC makeup... though the MUAs at the mac counter at nordie's tend to be snobby and don't usually help when i need something.
laughing.gif

:/ also i prefer more of a "grunge" look if that helps :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You should check youtube. There are many examples of eyeshadow techniques using many colours. I just put colour on my crease and a think black liner. I change colours everyday and I use that colour to line the outer corner of my lower lid as well.

You can also use color such as purple, blue, to blend the edge of your smokey eye, i usually do mine with black and dark purple. To help with the muddying of colors, you can try and eyeshadow primer, it helps it stay longer and blend more easily. Clean your brush with a tissue when you change of e/s, pat your eyeshadow on and blend on the edges where two colors meet.

Very how you do smokey eyes, limit the black eyeshadow even though you're going for a grunge look. I get bored with the typical either a: black e/s all over the lids blended out or b: black e/s on the V corner of my eye.

1. Try doing a sharper smokey eye with a light black and a jewel tone e/s on the lid.

2. Don't use black eyeliner on the top, just do it on the bottom and connect it slighty to the top lashline at the outside end of the eye corner.

3. Put a bright pop of color in the lid and smoke in black e/s from both the inner corner or the outer corner.

4. Don't solely rely on black e/s to create a smokey eye, use variations of a single color (like blues).

Check out youtube or google images from magazines. You can find some variations of the smokey eye.

Back