How do you deal with facial hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have alot of hair (mostly light with a few dark coarse ones thrown in) on my chin and neck. I hate it. Ive tried waxing and never could get the super smooth results I wanted. Ive resorted to shaving and am looking for a better option. How do you manage facial hair?

You should try waxing at a salon that carries soy based wax. it really latches onto the hair and pulls it out from the root. I get my eyebrows and lip waxed every few weeks and yes it's a total pain the pooter... but really the soy based wax is far superior and gives longer smoother results

Years ago, I had plastic surgery on my face. since then, I get white hairs around my mouth, like a goatee. I have tried a few products but nothing works. And I can't wax as I use Retin A, all over my face including where the hairs grow.

What work's for me is shaving every 3-4 weeks. It takes only a minute and removes all the hairs. No dark, coarse hair grows in as a result of shaving btw.

Well I'm a hairy "girl" and if I had my choice I'd go get either laser or electolosys.. And have them permanently removed. But that does cost $$$ otherwise you could use an epilator which is like uber plucking.. Or Veet or some chemical which tears up my face..

Do not wax your face! I have pcos so I have coarse hair on my face like a man. I use an epilator and it works wonders. I used to wax my face until some one explained how it ages your skin 10x faster. Your pulling on the skin so your losing elasticity. I can see the damage :/ But I also shave when I dont have much time. Its totally fine to do that

I have no patience for plucking. I practically have to force myself to do it. It makes my nose itch.

Ya threading will pull out tiny tiny tiny hair that can come out darker in the future :/

@Imprintwilight- Youd hate an epilator lol

I wish I'd known that before I tried it, cuz seeing hair on my chin p's me right off! But at least we can warn others of the evil that is threading! lol...

I actually just went waxing a few hours ago!!!

I have a hormonal imbalance and it grows quite a bit on my cheeks and chin area. The worst part is that my hair is jet black, so it's very noticible. I used to wax it myself, but I got major irritation. I go get it waxed professionally and I love it. I get super smooth skin for a month.

I would suggest that you try a salon, if not then an epilator, which last as long but I think hurts much more.

Originally Posted by reesesilverstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I tried threading and am convinced more hair started growing there. So now I pluck mines. ??? Threading is just plucking but multiple hairs instead of just 1 at a time. I prefer threading. It's faster and less painful. I've not had anything grow back thicker or darker.

I use my tweezer for everything! lol but for my lip hair I have this thing that my mom brought back from Iran for me. It's like tweezing your hair, but at a much faster paste. I wish I could somehow find it here for my friends

Same here, tweezers ! You can also try "bleaching" your hair with hydrogen peroxide.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Same here, tweezers ! You can also try "bleaching" your hair with hydrogen peroxide. Doesn't that make you itch? I know any drop of hydrogen peroxide on my skin will make me itch like mad! It'll also depend on the base colour of your hair. If I use HP on my hair, it'll turn orange.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Doesn't that make you itch? I know any drop of hydrogen peroxide on my skin will make me itch like mad! It'll also depend on the base colour of your hair. If I use HP on my hair, it'll turn orange. I have tried bleaching, but it bleached my whole skin. I had lighter patches of skin on my cheeks for 6 months. It sucked because other people noticed it and would ask me what happened.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have tried bleaching, but it bleached my whole skin. I had lighter patches of skin on my cheeks for 6 months. It sucked because other people noticed it and would ask me what happened. It would also depend on how much facial hair you have. I remember in high school when bleaching became popular. A friend of mine, she's greek and she had alot of facial hair. To de-emphasize the facial hair, she bleached the girl-stache. I think it only drew more attention because then she had a blonde mustache and it kinda kept drawing your eyes to that blonde caterpillar. I saw her again at our 20yr high school reunion. I guess she discovered hair removal. Good thing and she looked fantastic! I thread or I shave but I don't have too much facial hair, just at the corners of my mouth.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Doesn't that make you itch? I know any drop of hydrogen peroxide on my skin will make me itch like mad! It'll also depend on the base colour of your hair. If I use HP on my hair, it'll turn orange. Lol, yes a bit, i don't use it too often because all it does for my hair (sadly) is lighten it.

omg... i do everything under the book... i thread above my eyes, tweeze below... and once or twice a year, i go in to have mybrows waxed and trimmed for shape maintenance

upper lip, I almost always shave (so bad), because I have REALLY sensitive skin that scars and breaks out easily above my lip, and thats the painless method my upper lip can handle.

Latest posts

Back