Favorite "ethnic" food?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mine definitely has to be curry. I love having it with chicken...so good. I don't think I've had curry yet that I don't like. I actually used to only eat American foods back when I was in HS, but in college I've branched out a lot more.

what is "ethnic" Food exactly.............Like anything other than burgers hotdogs & grilled cheese? Im Mexican so Whats ethnic food to you is daily regular food for me!!!!!

^ lol i was going to say exactly that. non american food would have been a better title.. but then, i'm english.. so we don't eat american food... every food is a "normal" food for someone!

maybe you should be asking what people's favourite cuisine is. mine is greek.

^Agree with Lucy & Monet.

Ethnic by definition means pertaining to or characteristic of a people, esp. a group (ethnic group) sharing a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

The better question, as Lucy said, would be what is your favourite cuisine?

Mine's Italian.

I love lots of different types - Italian and Thai would be two of my absolute favourites, but I do like tapas-style Greek and Spanish too!

Originally Posted by Modirty80 /img/forum/go_quote.gif As a certain dish? Spanakopita!!!!! (Greek) Favorite dish ever! YES!! ohhh i could eat them all day. for non-greek lovers, they're delicious little pastry (sort of like spring roll pastry) triangles filled with spinach and sometimes feta.

I'm a chinese lover
smile.gif
I have really ventured off to much else, really.

Lol, sorry, I actually was wondering how to word it in the title and ended up just settling for "ethnic." But yes, favorite cuisine also works.

Definately Greek!! We hit most of the ethnic food fairs (pittsburgh is very ethnic). And I love greek food.. Gyros and spinacapita and pstichio. Baklava!! Yeah!!

Shish Taouk sandwhich.....from a Lebanese restaurant downtown...they are amazing!

Man I never had greek food b4 But it seems to be alot of ppls fave so now i wanna try it!!!!!!

My wife was just mentioning it.. They have a huge Greek food festival and we always go on our wedding aniversary. In 3 weeks!! Plus we have this great little greek food stand down the street the best gyros..

I love food in general. I love greek roast lamb, gyros, spinach pie, Thai dishes, Indian dishes and sweets, Chinese (it's genetic), Iranian chelo kabobs, Vietnamese beef noodle soup, Mediterranean Tapas... I actually even liked Haggis.

Tough question, a bit of all.

I like the all in one pot kind of dishes, couscous, tajine (morrocan), curried meals in general (aloo gobi, chicken korma especially) and japanese cuisine (miso soup, cucumber makis, teriyaki chicken, dorayaki).

But to name one meal, i could eat tiramisu all day
tongue.gif

oog mags, i love a good tajine.

you just reminded me, my second favourite food- french!
biggrin.gif
steak frites? coq au vin? boeuf bourguinion? yes please!

Back