What are your 3 must have makeup products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you have to choose which 3 makeup products you can only use, what would it be and why? Name it according to importance. Mine are:

1) Eyebrow Makeup - I have very thin eyebrows and no matter how I grow it, it just isn't visible enough so I must have it no matter what

2) BB Cream - It acts like a foundation but very light and has skin healing properties

3) Lip and check stain - With this alone I can complete my look and I wouldn't need anything that much.

1. Mineral foundation - I need foundation to even out my skin tone. It also has sunscreen properties from the zinc oxide

2. Brow pencil - because my brows are so thin, they look invisible

3. Eyeliner - because I need to look like I have eyes.

My lips have enough colour so I could get away with lipbalm or nothing at all on my lips.

I can't use other eyeliner color aside from white because it's too strong for me. I really want to but my friends always tell me that I look better without it. Do you have any suggestions?

Originally Posted by dazzler /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't use other eyeliner color aside from white because it's too strong for me. I really want to but my friends always tell me that I look better without it. Do you have any suggestions? White eyeliner? where would you put that?You should try just running an eyeliner pencil just above the lash line and at the lash line. Makes your lashes look darker but it doesn't look obviously lined. I don't line the bottom part of my eyes with eyeliner because it makes my eyes look even smaller. I will use the same eyeshadow that I used on my lids to line the outside 1/3 of my lower eye and the use mascara. It gives it a sort of lined look without me actually using an eyeliner.

I notice you are from the Philippines. I am 1/2 filipina and 1/2 chinese. Both gave me small chinese almond eyes. Give it a try.

I'm going to assume lip balm is a given...

1. Brow gel. Now that I've stopped trimming and threading my brows, I have to use it to groom my brows into submission.

2. Mascara sooo I can appear to have at least a few lashes.

3. Cream blush so I can use it as a lippie too.

ETA: Forgot to add why lol

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif White eyeliner? where would you put that?You should try just running an eyeliner pencil just above the lash line and at the lash line. Makes your lashes look darker but it doesn't look obviously lined. I don't line the bottom part of my eyes with eyeliner because it makes my eyes look even smaller. I will use the same eyeshadow that I used on my lids to line the outside 1/3 of my lower eye and the use mascara. It gives it a sort of lined look without me actually using an eyeliner.

I notice you are from the Philippines. I am 1/2 filipina and 1/2 chinese. Both gave me small chinese almond eyes. Give it a try.

Really? I'm so glad to hear that. I'm 1/2 Filipino, 1/4 Chinese and 1/4 Spanish so I have bigger almond eyes. If I use dark eyeliner, it makes my eyes look like an Egyptian eyes so I guess I'm not doing it right. I watch tutorials and I know how to apply makeup but I'm not good with eyeliners
frown.gif

I put use shimmer white eyeliner on my lower lash line. It makes my eyes look more refreshed. The dark eyeliners are too strong for me. Like I cannot color my hair with black too
frown.gif
. I'll give your suggestion a try and see how it goes. I have bought several eyeliners from pencil, liquid, to gel but I really can't get it right.

Oh dear! Well, if it can only be 3, I'd have to say concealer, foundation & lipstick.

Originally Posted by dazzler /img/forum/go_quote.gif Really? I'm so glad to hear that. I'm 1/2 Filipino, 1/4 Chinese and 1/4 Spanish so I have bigger almond eyes. If I use dark eyeliner, it makes my eyes look like an Egyptian eyes so I guess I'm not doing it right. I watch tutorials and I know how to apply makeup but I'm not good with eyeliners
frown.gif

I put use shimmer white eyeliner on my lower lash line. It makes my eyes look more refreshed. The dark eyeliners are too strong for me. Like I cannot color my hair with black too
frown.gif
. I'll give your suggestion a try and see how it goes. I have bought several eyeliners from pencil, liquid, to gel but I really can't get it right.

If you are getting that kinda of a look, its obvious that you are putting too much. Like I suggested before, try filling just your upper lash line with black and if you dont like black, there's different colours like plum or brown. Plum or any purples are good with brown eyes. I don't find outlining your entire eye with black very attractive either. Although white eyeliner is supposed to make the whites of your eyes look whiter and shimmer on it doesn't seem like it'd look very natural. I prefer more of a cateye lookGet Silverlight | Microsoft Silverlight

YouTube - GLAM BABY DOLL PURPLE & PINK PROM make up lesson tutorial

Yeah I like that too but I can't do it right
biggrin.gif
. I'll try your suggestion and see how it goes. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it
smile.gif

Foundation MAC full coverage - need even skin

Powder Mac studio fix- need even matte skin at all times

Fake Eyelashes (the ones with the glue already on em since glue would be a 4th item lol)- i need long sultry fake lashes at all times
smile.gif

Assuming lipbalm is considered more of a skincare product, mine would be :

1.foundation, to even my skintone and for the sunscreen properties.

2.eyebrow pencil, to fill in the holes and extend the ends.

3.some sort of lip/cheek stain to give me some color.

1. Foundation (for even skin tone)

2. Setting powder (to keep skin matte and keep foundation on)

3. Mascara

I really wish I could have a fourth, which would be liquid eyeliner. I've been wearing black liquid eyeliner daily for so long that I think I look strange without it.

Originally Posted by MakeupByMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif Foundation MAC full coverage - need even skinPowder Mac studio fix- need even matte skin at all times

Fake Eyelashes (the ones with the glue already on em since glue would be a 4th item lol)- i need long sultry fake lashes at all times
smile.gif

Can you post a tut... girl.... I've tried a hundred times and I just can't get those dang lashes on right!

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you are getting that kinda of a look, its obvious that you are putting too much. Like I suggested before, try filling just your upper lash line with black and if you dont like black, there's different colours like plum or brown. Plum or any purples are good with brown eyes. I don't find outlining your entire eye with black very attractive either. Although white eyeliner is supposed to make the whites of your eyes look whiter and shimmer on it doesn't seem like it'd look very natural. I prefer more of a cateye lookGet Silverlight | Microsoft Silverlight

YouTube - GLAM BABY DOLL PURPLE & PINK PROM make up lesson tutorial

"They" say with almond eyes if you use dark liner not line the bottom corner to corner... just half way or so they make your eyes look bigger. Did it my whole life... now I do ALL the way, I like lots of make up. There's never too much.

Latest posts

Back