KMS Minerals opinions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried KMS minerals? I seen it mentioned on another thread here and checked out their website. I don't know what to make of it. The pictures of the shades are taken in really bad lighting (you can see shadows) and you can't click on them to enlarge and get a better look. It states it is good for those with sensitive skin and rosacea as well as women over 40 (Bingo! that's me!!!)

Right now I'm using Silk Naturals and love the way it goes on and the finish it gives. I sent them a picture of myself with no makeup and they were able to tell me what to mix and - tada - I've got a perfect shade match. But in a few hours I've got shine and my color has really faded.

I'm almost at the end of my rope. I've ordered samples of Joppa as well, but the shades on their website are REALLY off. So far every sample does even come close to matching the pictures (yes I know that computers don't give an exact match - but this is awful) The light #3 I got today is much darker than the Medium #2 I got with my first sample order. Thank goodness they are only samples.

My next stop is Everyday Minerals. What have I got to loose...

Originally Posted by TammyH /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone tried KMS minerals? I seen it mentioned on another thread here and checked out their website. I don't know what to make of it. The pictures of the shades are taken in really bad lighting (you can see shadows) and you can't click on them to enlarge and get a better look. It states it is good for those with sensitive skin and rosacea as well as women over 40 (Bingo! that's me!!!)
Right now I'm using Silk Naturals and love the way it goes on and the finish it gives. I sent them a picture of myself with no makeup and they were able to tell me what to mix and - tada - I've got a perfect shade match. But in a few hours I've got shine and my color has really faded.

I'm almost at the end of my rope. I've ordered samples of Joppa as well, but the shades on their website are REALLY off. So far every sample does even come close to matching the pictures (yes I know that computers don't give an exact match - but this is awful) The light #3 I got today is much darker than the Medium #2 I got with my first sample order. Thank goodness they are only samples.

My next stop is Everyday Minerals. What have I got to loose...

I haven't tried the KMS but I did fall in love with the Everyday Minerals one when I got the samples. I make my own mmu so I'm not apt to try anything else. I hope you'll get the free samples on the EDM site tho. That's what go me hooked and out of the 4 brands I have tried, that'd was the best. EDM, Signature Minerals, Ocean Mist Minerals and Pur Minerals were the 4.

Does Everyday Minerals last you throughout the day? What level of coverage do you use?

Originally Posted by squirl-nutkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif What about Lotus Minerals? I believe the samples are free, just pay for shipping. I've never heard of them. I did some quick searching on this website and found a link but couldn't get to there because I got a message stating I was required to sign in.
I've also wondered about Monave...they seem to have a wide range of shades and the sample prices seem to be comparable....

Sorry, I meant Sterling Minerals. The colours look a bit odd but Calla is the only one that looks like a skintone but I guess it depends on your skin.

I didn't like that Monave charges a handling fee but their skincare seems quality. The minerals I found very drying and too yellow. But if you have rosacea skin then the yellow might balance it out.

Originally Posted by TammyH /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does Everyday Minerals last you throughout the day? What level of coverage do you use? Sorry... I didn't see the question. I liked original glo the best. I have tried all 4 formulations. I don't like full coverage so both matte and intensive were too heavy for me. On a day I need more coverage, I went with semi-matte and on regular days, I was using original glo which is their most sheer coverage one. I just need to even out my skin tone. With a primer, it lasts me all day (12-14hrs+) or until I take it off. I usually don't leave my make up on for any longer than that. I usually get dressed at 7:30am and wash it off at about 10pm. I don't usually bring makeup with me unless I'm wearing red lipstick or I'm at a function so I don't don anything except blot my nose with a tissue when I use the washroom. I don't have any problems with it running off my face. Get the samples and try it for yourself. I won't go buying the big sizes without giving the samples a shot. Its good that they have 48 shades to choose from.

Have you tried Monave? It has super coverage; with 2 forumlas of coverage. And, it' staying power is awesome!! Highly recommend! They have samples you can order to match a shade.

Meow is also very good and has 3 forumlas of coverage with many color combinations to match your skin. Staying power was very good.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry... I didn't see the question. I liked original glo the best. I have tried all 4 formulations. I don't like full coverage so both matte and intensive were too heavy for me. On a day I need more coverage, I went with semi-matte and on regular days, I was using original glo which is their most sheer coverage one. I just need to even out my skin tone. With a primer, it lasts me all day (12-14hrs+) or until I take it off. I usually don't leave my make up on for any longer than that. I usually get dressed at 7:30am and wash it off at about 10pm. I don't usually bring makeup with me unless I'm wearing red lipstick or I'm at a function so I don't don anything except blot my nose with a tissue when I use the washroom. I don't have any problems with it running off my face. Get the samples and try it for yourself. I won't go buying the big sizes without giving the samples a shot. Its good that they have 48 shades to choose from. Thanks for the info...I think I have decided on what samples I am going to order now!

Originally Posted by seymour5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you tried Monave? It has super coverage; with 2 forumlas of coverage. And, it' staying power is awesome!! Highly recommend! They have samples you can order to match a shade.
Meow is also very good and has 3 forumlas of coverage with many color combinations to match your skin. Staying power was very good.

I looked at their website and I really liked the shades they offer. I'm ordering samples from Everyday Minerals and Monave today. As for Meow - I haven't read many reviews on them. KMS is now off my "give it a try" list. Right now I'm using the last of my samples from Joppa and I do like the full coverage, but once again - the staying power is less than desired. I know my HG is out there...

Back