Burberry to Launch Color Cosmetics Line!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
burberry03.jpg
pgone.jpg

Get ready to put on another layer of chic, courtesy of Burberry. The luxe British fashion label and Inter Parfums, its beauty licensee, plans to introduce Burberry Beauty, a 96-unit makeup line that draws inspiration from the brand's iconic trenchcoat, starting in July. Burberry chief creative officer Christopher Bailey calls the project a completely integrated component of the brand and company. "It's about effortless elegance," he said. What's more, Bailey strived to convey in color cosmetics the chic appeal of Burberry's hallmark trenchcoats. Indeed, the trench theme is evident in several dimensions of Burberry Beauty: the beige outer cartons, for example, are reminiscent of the coat's fabric, while packaging is etched with the brand's signature check. Like the classic staple trench, the cosmetics are also intrinsically functional--note the magnetic closures.

As for the color palette? It's weather inspired, natch. While the trenchcoats lend themselves to a palette of natural hues, Bailey also turned to the stormy grays and stormy blues of the sky during a rainstorm for additional color hues, not to mention more glowy and lighter tones for those sunny Burberry days.
The collection ranges in price from $24 for a Lip Definer pencil to $59 for the Sheer Foundation compact. Burberry Beauty also includes blush, pressed powder, bronzer, liquid foundation, shadow, eyeliner, lip gloss, lipstick and mascara. (An applicator brush is priced at $60.)
A complementary ad campaign was shot by Mario Testino, and stars models Lily Donaldson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Nina Porter all sporting Burberry trenchcoats. At counter, Bailey has envisioned feature slick countertops, mirrors and digital screens playing Burberry fashion shows on a loop.
Burberry Beauty's initial distribution will be limited to 30 doors worldwide, including Nordstrom in the U.S., Harrods in London and Lane Crawford in Hong Kong.

I am SOOO excited about this! I have long loved everything Burberry, and would LOVE to own a trench, a handbag, or even a scarf--however, all I can afford is most all of their perfumes. I can't WAIT to see this cosmetics line, although it does sound a bit expensive too! But I at least have to have one Burberry lip gloss for my purse, and one eye shadow for my 'collection'!

Actually, it looks quite boring.

There's a Burberry outlet about 2 hours from me. I can't say I am all that attracted to their stuff.

Well I could very well be let down, but for right now I am excited to see what thlis collection has to offer.

If I could have one Burberry purse, I would be in heaven--I'd die to see an outlet store, just to buy one thing. Some people love Coach, I love Burberry.

I am actually shocked the have a Burberry outlet out this way. I wish they had a Chanel or Prada lol! Burberry did make one bag I liked. It was a dark red patent. I want to say Manor, but I think it was bigger than the Manor.

I'm always on the lookout for something new & I'm willing to try it if it seems good.

I'll definitely give it a try, I am still mourning after CK cosmetic line
frown.gif
the most beautiful foundation shade ever...

I've seen little blips on this in different magazines, and while it doesn't seem like the most exciting line on the planet, it DOES seem classic and lovely--reminds me of maybe Armani, or yes, the Calvin Klein line. It looks like it will be a bit too spendy for me, but I have to get ONE thing from it just to have it! The khaki eye shadow looks gorgeous, and there are a few lipsticks that look lovely too!

It's available on Nordstrom.com now. Anyone planning on getting anything? I'm going to wait for reviews.

Found a video

The foundation looks gorgeous. I hope they come out with a larger range of colors sometime.

I was just going to post that video Lola. I am subscribed to her (she's fantastic).

Rats I can't watch videos here at work (wonder why that is) so I will check it out when I get home. Might have to buy ONE thing just to say I have it.
smile.gif

Ok I took the plunge. I had signed up to receive Burberry emails, so I'd know when this was launched (although I still haven't gotten any info from Burberry--I heard it here on MuT first!), so I got a free ship code from burberry.com.

I just ordered the eye shadow in khaki--I think I read in a magazine somewhere that that was a gorgeous neutral green/grey, so I decided to try that one. And I also got a lip gloss in the shade rosewood. Not sure why I chose that one, but it looked pretty.

Thanks for the video Lola--that girl is amazing! I've never really watched any youtube beauty tutorials, but I may have to start with her--she's wonderful!

I will let you know what I think of the lip gloss and shadow as soon as I receive them, which is hopefully soon!

The foundation looks amazing, but I guess I would want to try it in Nordstrom first to choose the right color, and KNOW that I love it, at that price!

YAY!! I got my stuff!! I had ordered the Lip Glow (gloss) in Rosewood, and the Sheer Eyeshadow in Khaki. I used them both yesterday and I really really like them.

The eye shadow was more of a matte shade, and I guess I've never been a fan of mattes, but this isn't chalky, and it went on really smooth. I used it in the crease, and as liner, with Stila Kitten all over. It's called Sheer Eye Shadow, and it IS sheer, but it has good color pay off. After watching Lisa's video, and just hearing about the shadows, I was afraid that I would have to build several layers in order to get it to show up, but I didn't have to at all. Very good color payoff, while still being somewhat sheer, if that is possible. I won't go in to much detail about the packaging because if you watched Lisa's video she talked about that. But the eye shadow came in a little velvet bag embossed with the Burberry check, and the case itself was heavy, graphite colored, also with the check. It has a magnetic closure that snapped closed easily.

The lip gloss looks really good in my purse, with the cool graphite Burberry check lid.
biggrin.gif
The Rosewood is a pretty mauvey pink color with no shimmer; quite sheer but it looks really pretty. It DOES have sort of a perfumey scent that I'm not sure I like, but other than that I like it, and I want to check out the other colors in person. Online they all sort of look like just variations of the same shade, but I'm sure that isn't true.

As much as I would love to buy more, and I am dying to try the foundation, I'm not sure how much I will actually get, just based on the cost. $26 for one eye shadow and $29 for a lip gloss is out of my price range normally.

So....if I had more money or a sugar daddy, I would buy every color in this line, but I don't...so I will have to be more choosy. I would love to try the foundation, an eye liner, and a lip stick, so I'll have to wait til I can go up to Minneapolis to a Nordstrom and look at it all in person.

They sound great! I might order some shadows soon. I'm loving that sheer color look right now.

Back