Project 10 Pan

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have started a no buy (Project 10 Pan) a couple of days ago. Actually today is day 2 and I am doing ok. I saw this forum on the boards and I thought I would start a thread asking for the support I know that I am going to need in the days to come. I am excited about doing this. About going shopping in the collection that I already have, and rediscovering past favorite eyeshadows and lipsticks. So wish me luck! I look forward to hearing from all those who have done this before me.

Here are my list of items that I am focusing on to finish first. Once I finishthese items,(all of them), then I will be able to purchase more items.

1. Revlon Beyond Natural Protective Liptint Pink Rose

2. Maybelline Moisture Extreme Lipstick Nude Blush

3. HIP Jelly Balm Succulent

4. Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Tinted Moisturizer

5. Victoria Jackson Peach Blushers

6. Mary Kay Signature Mascara Black/Brown

7. Revlon Photo Ready Foundation Shell

8. Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Face Powder Beige

9. Revlon PhotoReady Power Fair/Light

10. Revlon Powder Blush Naturally Nude.
22.gif
Thanks everyone

Yea! So you have to finish every single one before you can buy something new? That's a big list! I hadn't bought anything for all of May and most of April till I got into the discount bin at Rite Aid yesterday!

I've tried to do this but its kind of hard. I have used up several items and I'm almost done with others. I'm going to list what I want to finish up. It might encourage me. Lol

Good Luck!!!

I have done project ten pan 2 time (i am now working on the post and shame challange which is basiclly you chose 2 types of items for example lip gloss and eye liner and cant buy any makeup till you finish up 4 of each item)

project ten pan can either be awsome or a pain. I find a lot of times i would have "spurts" where like 4 things would be finished within two days of each other than i would go a whole month and not finish a single item

It's scary to attempt this list, but friends of mine have done this, and they say it is so rewarding.

Plus, I am already rediscovering some items that I have forgotten about. It's fun!!!

I think my challenge is going to be getting bored. I don't want to wear the same look on a continous basis, but I know that the more i use these items, the quicker they will be used up.

Quote:
I think my challenge is going to be getting bored. I don't want to wear the same look on a continous basis, but I know that the more i use these items, the quicker they will be used up. The way i counter act this, is that on days when i have work and have to be ready in a hurry i use the same items (which should be the ones you want to use up) and than on weekends i get to have a bit of fun with my makeup. I find it uses them up fast and also makes it so that i dont end up in a makeup rut.
Also you may very well find that you get addicted to using up what you have, i know it started me on a long journey of wanting to use up everything (cause im crazy lol)

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif The way i counter act this, is that on days when i have work and have to be ready in a hurry i use the same items (which should be the ones you want to use up) and than on weekends i get to have a bit of fun with my makeup. I find it uses them up fast and also makes it so that i dont end up in a makeup rut.)

That's a good idea.
yaya.gif

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like this idea but I don't know if I could stick to it. I'm so weak lol. Same here. lol. But i look at it this way; I get to go shopping everyday in my collection and find something new every day.
yaya.gif

I pretty much follow what Orangeeyecrayon does with on the go. I've depotted most of my pan project items and put them all in a small compact so I can reapply whenever I want.

Quote:
I like this idea but I don't know if I could stick to it. I'm so weak lol. Adrienne, you can narrow it down to 5 items. I simplified it to finish 2 items, buy one new item. Just so I won't keep a clutter.

I'll do it with you! I'm trying to save money, and pare down my collection to just HG items. It is sad, I'm actually jealous of my friends who have a small amount of makeup.

I think what I'm going to do, is try to use items everyday for a month and if I get sick of them, once the month is over I can switch them out, and if I love them I can keep using them.

My list so far for this month:

NYX #15 (I think) trio- I think I can finish this in a month or two (It's soooo powdery!)

MAC Sweetie l/s- have had this about a year and need to start using my lippies

BE Warmth- have been using it about 4 years, and haven't made a dent! FML

Jane Rose Satin Blush- I want to at least see the pan

I mostly want to pare down my lippies and start using my eye shadows again, they get neglected a lot.

Yea, I'm trying to work my way thru some bad buys I made so they're out my stash. Once they're gone I'll replace them with the items I should have bought.

Latest posts

Back