Have any plans for this long holiday weekend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Even if you don't live in the US and have a long holiday weekend, anyone have anything exciting planned?

I'm getting up early Saturday and hitting some estate sales.. Then we have to go take care of the daughters new cat.. She's off camping for the weekend.. May take a day trip and go site seeing some place new (which is hard to do since we have lived here for 30 years..lol). Have a mess of ribs and a gallon of Corky's BBQ sauce with my name on it!
smile.gif

I'm going to east Tennessee where my boyfriend's parents live to go boating all weekend. Can't wait!

we will. We water ski and wakeboard. I'm so excited! I just have to make it through my 8-hour shift at work today and I am free!

Funny our long holiday was last weekend. According to the weather, a walk in a forest. And my usual work for upcoming exams, ugh.

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Indy 500 lol. It's going to be...interesting. You going? I totally forgot! and always mess that up... is it on Sunday or Monday?

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Funny our long holiday was last weekend. According to the weather, a walk in a forest. And my usual work for upcoming exams, ugh. So what did you do last weekend, Aude?

Yeah, not really by choice (stupid boyfriend guilt trip), but I'll be there haha. It's on Sunday.

I'm contemplating making a banner saying 'Down With Mariah Carey' and hanging it outside my neighbours' window.

Other than that I'll be relaxing in the sun and preparing for my final interview on Monday for a new store opening here.

You need to hire a local band to set up in front of your neighbor's appartment for the weekend, Hollie! lol

I swear they only own that one CD! Every night for a week and a half, half 4 this morning and then in the afternoon too. So not impressed with it. It's the same songs over and over too. They don't even let the CD just play through.

My fiancé and I are moving into our new flat this weekend. I am so excited!
smile.gif

Nothing exciting here... my husband works all weekend so it's just me and my boy. I wish I could head up estate sales/yard sales, anything, but my son is not digging shopping right now. It's boring for him (he used to be more easily entertained), so I have to sneak it in when I can
frown.gif
. We'll probably get the pool going at my parents house. We've got big plans coming up though: our 4th anniversary is next week! And the week after that we are headed to the concert extravaganza that is Bonnaroo! Hope everyone has a nice Memorial weekend!

In Canada (or at least parts of it) we had a long weekend last weekend, for Victoria Day, and I went on a camping trip! Had tons of fun, we're going again next weekend for a friend's birthday!!
rockwoot.gif
Love camping soo much!!

Originally Posted by GillT /img/forum/go_quote.gif My fiancé and I are moving into our new flat this weekend. I am so excited!
smile.gif
Good luck with that, I know what moving is like
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif In Canada (or at least parts of it) we had a long weekend last weekend, for Victoria Day Victoria Day is a Canadian Federal statutory holiday so its for all of Canada. My kids are off this monday too so I'm taking some vacay time as well to spend with them! I don't know what we are doing but I'm not at work anyways
smile.gif
Our whole family is going out for lunch to celebrate my daughter's birthday. She'll have her party with her bff's the week after.

I put parts of it because apparently it's not a holiday in the Maritimes, or at least not a stat!

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I put parts of it because apparently it's not a holiday in the Maritimes, or at least not a stat! Businesses were closed here in PEI on monday, and only some stores were open. So yeah, its a holiday in the Maritimes. Everyone looks forward the big May 2-4 weekend!

Back