I dyed my hair!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been staying out of the sun a lot lately, and my hair started turning a lot darker (like in my avatar). So I decided to lighten it back to the way it had been.

I tried using Revlon dye, but it didn't do much of anything. So I waited about 2 weeks and used Clairol Herbal Essences. It's still not quite as light as I had been hoping, but here's what it looks like now:

Raven.jpg

Just thought I'd share!

I can't believe how much it darkens when you stay out of the sun! I think it looks beautiful in both colours, you lucky thing you!

It does look nice
smile.gif
I screwed mine up a couple days ago. I was getting it highlighted and now it is brassy/orangery. I was going to a good salon to fix it. I cant believe I tried to do it myself. I was trying to save money, the girl I go to cost so much. On the bright side, I did get rid of my numerous gray hairs, lol.

Thanks, ladies! I was hoping to get it even a little lighter, but maybe I'll just do highlights in a couple of months or something.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't believe how much it darkens when you stay out of the sun! I know! It must be the strong Florida sun. lol.

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif It does look nice
smile.gif
I screwed mine up a couple days ago. I was getting it highlighted and now it is brassy/orangery. I was going to a good salon to fix it. I cant believe I tried to do it myself. I was trying to save money, the girl I go to cost so much. On the bright side, I did get rid of my numerous gray hairs, lol. Been there, done that! lol. Was the salon able to fix it?

The colour looks great with your skin tone. I was thinking it was something more drastic tho given the title of the thread... like pink or blue!

Back