What's your experience with Milani Runway eyes palettes ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered one awhile ago, the #6 Beauty in blues (blue eyeshadows) which was made for Milani's Avatar look. Scream blue, scream Avatar, and you see me coming. For 7 bucks, i thought i could give it a try.

71748996506_450x450_a.jpg

(image source : Walgreens).

I'm having a hard time deciding if i like it or not.

I like the quad in itself, the gradient of colors. I swear i could have them all organized by shade and finish in one palette (which i will eventually do), i would still not have enough blue shadows, or i would just miss that shade i'd absolutely want to wear that day
tocktock.gif

So with this one i feel i have all the shades i need and obviously you don't have to think too much about color combination.

But, the application part is not so great.

First, each eyeshadow is just this thin line of product. I wouldn't go as far as chalky but there is definitely this feeling of talc-iness to it. So you have to pick up a lot and layer a lot to get a good enough and even enough layer of color.

You think you get a nice gradient of colors and you can modulate your combinations. Wrong, they look so much alike instead of having six different eyeshadows you get three. At some point i almost thought about using them as base colors under my other (more pigmented) blue eyeshadows.

I still managed to get something of a look on my eyes, and it turned out 4 of these eyeshadows layered make a nice shiny sky blue shade, which i do not own. Wished i didn't have so much work to do just to get that one though.

Lastly, the staying power. I don't know why, but my UDPP seems to dry inside the bottle, and the wand doesn't pick up much product, so it doesn't make applying it easy. But even with the use of UDPP those eyeshadows managed to crease by the end of the day.

Even with that in mind, i can't help but think an eyeshadow of a better quality, or another brand, would have been more forgiving. It certainly wouldn't have left a nasty blue stain on my skin like this one did >.<

I don't know if i will use this quad a lot, and you can create the look with other eyeshadows, what i'd recommend you get instead is the 3D holographic nail polish from the look, this stuff is packed of nice glitter and dries so fast ! It looks very much like Urban Decay's Kiddie pool e/s, a tad more on the silverish side.

I have the glamourous gems palette and I like it. It's more sparkly, but pretty pigmented and long lasting.

Never tried them. I wish I had picked some up before my local Kmart went out of business, because now I can't get it near me.

I had one a very long time ago and I remember not liking it for the slim palettes.

Back