I was a victim of burglary this week :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Someone broke into our appartment this week, in the day while we were at work. My bf came home to an unpleasant surprise. The door had been kicked up and most of our valuables gone
frown.gif
They took our TV, laptops, consoles, lots of games, jewelry, camera... They even took an external hard drive so the little backup I might have had is gone. How could someone be so evil? I truly hope they have nightmares every night now and have a miserable life
22.gif

They didn't take my bf's computer or screen so at least we have something left. Fortunately my rabbit is ok too. Hope he wasn't too scared. We have insurance but it's gonna be hard to get the money for everything back. They want proof we had the stuff, so either pictures of it or receipts. We're getting an alarm system installed next week.

But what I've learned from this:

- Backup your data and don't keep it at your house

- Have an alarm system installed

- Keep inventory of your stuff, pictures, serial numbers and receipts

Be careful!
shuriken.gif

That's too bad. Good thing you were insured for those possessions. Are you ok? It's a good thing that no one was home.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's too bad. Good thing you were insured for those possessions. Are you ok? It's a good thing that no one was home. Yes fortunately everyone is ok. Would have been worse if they were still there when my bf came home for example

Ugh! The nerve of people who think they can just take your things. Karma is a bee-oth though!

I'm pretty good about keeping all my things safe, but last new years eve someone broke into my bf's car and stole his GPS, a hat, and his blackberry charger. I was so angry at him because he left the door open, when I constantly tell him to close it. The other things that bugs me is that they suspect a guest at the new years party took it.

Originally Posted by Saints /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes fortunately everyone is ok. Would have been worse if they were still there when my bf came home for example Yes. Definitely that would have been worst. Apparently its been worst this year because burglars are entering homes even when they know someone is home. My neighbours spotted someone in their house late at night while everyone was home but in bed. It just sucks when bad things happen to good people.

So sorry to hear that. Glad to hear that you weren't home and that no one was hurt. I know it's such a pain going through the insurance process and having to replace all of your valuables. Best of luck with everything.

Hope you are OK. We had somebody sneak in through an open window, they took all the coats from the hall, cameras, my BF keys and his van. My dog slept all the way through. We didn't have insurance, it cost us dear.

Damn burglars! I'm so sorry that you went through that kind of ordeal. But let's be thankful that the only thing they got was some stuff (which could very well be replaced) and not your own lives being at stake. Thanks for the tips though, I hope you get the justice you deserve and those guys will be caught soon! Who knows what they're up to next.
policeman.gif

I'm sorry to hear about the break in Edda
frown.gif
I hope the police catch the jerk(s) that did this.

I never thought of taking photos of my computer etc but plan on doing this very soon.

I thought my dog would have done that as well. She would bark at the drop of a hat, especially if a fox was in the back garden.

Another thing to do is get a pen that only shows up in ultraviolet light and put your post code on the bottom of your electrical stuff.

Sorry to hear about that. If it makes you feel even a teensy bit better, know that my dad threw out all my clothes. On purpose. Yes. I was off doing exams in college and he went through my wardrobes, put everything into black refuse bags, and gave them away. He said it'd be a lesson to me
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CoganKnowsBest /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry to hear about that. If it makes you feel even a teensy bit better, know that my dad threw out all my clothes. On purpose. Yes. I was off doing exams in college and he went through my wardrobes, put everything into black refuse bags, and gave them away. He said it'd be a lesson to me
frown.gif
Wow, that sounds harsh of him. I would go crazy

Originally Posted by CoganKnowsBest /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sorry to hear about that. If it makes you feel even a teensy bit better, know that my dad threw out all my clothes. On purpose. Yes. I was off doing exams in college and he went through my wardrobes, put everything into black refuse bags, and gave them away. He said it'd be a lesson to me
frown.gif
And what lesson would that be... How big of a jerk men can be?

Back