No Buy Until After I'm Married

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok ladies. I am on a serious NO BUY until I get married September 18th. I mean it too. NOTHING new unless it's my HG Foundation or ChapStick (I'm on Accutane so I NEED it). I seriously need to buckle down and start saving my money to pay for this wedding. I am already having my dad pay for about $5000 worth of it, and my DF and I are paying the rest.

Also, I'm not allowed to buy clothes unless it is for work and I go to TJ Maxx or Ross to get the item. No splurging, no unnecessary items, NOTHING!

Someone please help me!!
pedro.gif

You'll do fine. What an awesome goal to have! I would think planning the wedding will keep you pretty busy.

Do you have a Kohl's near by? Their clearance sections are great for getting work clothes on the cheap. Sometimes even much cheaper than TJ Maxx and Ross.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif You'll do fine. What an awesome goal to have! I would think planning the wedding will keep you pretty busy.
Do you have a Kohl's near by? Their clearance sections are great for getting work clothes on the cheap. Sometimes even much cheaper than TJ Maxx and Ross.

Yes, I do have a Kohl's near by. I'll definitely look there for work clothes. Thanks for the tip!

Until September??? WOW I don't know how you do it, but I know for sure I wouldn't survive that long without shopping lol. In fact I will spend even more around my wedding. but then again, this is the one thing I love about Asian culture, the guys' side pay for everything.

good luck! i dont know if i could do it for that long...then again this could be your time to shop maybe cheaper u know more discount places, thrift stores, and yard sales...

Good luck. I've had no buys like that where I can't buy squat. You'll do good and well wishes.

Thanks ladies! It's definitely going to be tough. But, my main goal really is to not spend my money on stuff I already have...like eyeshadow, blush etc. Which it's already killing me because the new MAC stuff has me wanting to run to the mall. And also, I was a bad girl...I bought this for my birthday: Stroke of Midnight Dress

And hey...at least I'll wear it again while I'm on my honeymoon!!!

Good luck! I havent bought anything in about 2.5 weeks and its getting easier. I have so much crap that i just "shop" in my stash.

Latest posts

Back