Little thing that made you smile today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was just at the grocery store buying crackers for the DW and in my change I got a 1943 steel penny... Haven't see one in quite some time and it brought back a flood of memories of my Grandfather and his dress sock full of old steel pennys that us grand-kids would always get out and play with when ever we went over to visit. Just that split second brought a smile to my face...

What little things bring you smiles?

Holding my 4 month old nephew while my sister ate lunch made me smile
smile.gif

Thinking about it made me smile again
smile.gif

Reading a card my daughter drew and wrote made me smile too. It's been a day of smiles.

The sun breaking through at 7 am with clouds was such a serene moment.. I was on my deck .

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Holding my 4 month old nephew while my sister ate lunch made me smile
smile.gif
Thinking about it made me smile again
smile.gif

Reading a card my daughter drew and wrote made me smile too. It's been a day of smiles.

I remember those days when you had to have someone hold the baby just to eat lol.
biggrin.gif

When my son said I love you. I love when they say it out of the blue, without me having to say it first.

One of the ladies that came to the clinic today had awesome dark make up. It was fairly gothic looking but looked great on her, not OTT, and she was so chatty and friendly. She didn't look her age at all (mid-fifties). It really made me smile and I thought, 'you go girl!'. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aw I went to Knotts berry Farm Yasterday & My kids went on Little Plane ride & since my Daughter (3yrs) was a bit scared My son(2yrs) held her Hand the entire ride..........The best thing ever It still makes me smile!!!!!
smile.gif

The first thing that made me smile, was how lovey my bf was when we woke up.

The second thing (and what has made me smile the biggest) was holding my newest nephew for the first time
biggrin.gif

Watching a documentary on tv, it reminded me of my childhood and those long afternoons spent walking in the forest, learning how to use a compass and a map with my father.

I got some test results back at the docs and they were all good (not a small thing but hey)

There was a really cute surfer looking guy on my train who made for good entertainment to pass the journey

My boyfriend sent me a text when I was in work saying he'd bought me some Lindor choccies
smile.gif

Recieving a text message today from a friend who out of the blue decided to let me know that I am a good friend and that they love me very much
smile.gif
I went to a funeral today so my mood was rather low and that really hit the spot and brought a little sunshine to my day.

Originally Posted by Sherbert-Kisses /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got some test results back at the docs and they were all good (not a small thing but hey)
There was a really cute surfer looking guy on my train who made for good entertainment to pass the journey

My boyfriend sent me a text when I was in work saying he'd bought me some Lindor choccies
smile.gif

What a man!
wink.gif
I love lindor balls!

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Recieving a text message today from a friend who out of the blue decided to let me know that I am a good friend and that they love me very much
smile.gif
I went to a funeral today so my mood was rather low and that really hit the spot and brought a little sunshine to my day. That was so sweet, Rebecca!!
Today I'm smiling inside big time... our department got approvals to hire a cassual emoployee to organize and scan hundreds of thousands of records... And a few weeks ago I walked by the front desk to find an elderly woman subbing for the receptionist... who I had met a few years ago when she worked part time for another department. Scanning schematics and we got to talking. Come to find out she was retired from a large companys technical engineering department and was looking for a part time job and was on our approved contractor list... So I get her to write her anme and phone number down and hand it off to one of my coworkers incharge of that task... Then totally forgot about it.... So this morning guess who stops by my office to thank me!!
smile.gif

Bumped into an old friend in the street and then we had ice cream at the nearby shop. It did bring lots of smiles to me!! I could totally relate with the reminiscing part.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was just at the grocery store buying crackers for the DW and in my change I got a 1943 steel penny... Haven't see one in quite some time My original (large style 1" dia ?) pennies balance our longcase clock, two or three of them no more.
Today's smile was while I was beside a fast running rocky river. A Merganser duck and chicks paddling against the current, up and over rocks, practically running over the top of the water at times. It fast waer, to fast for me to stand in..

A smile and a memory this is.

~Samm

I remembered seeing this thread the other day and I just had to come and post. I just saw the most amazing performance on "Americas Got Talent". It was a choir comprised of Veterans who had all been homeless at some point or another after returning from serving their country. One man had been homeless for 25 years. Can you imagine?

There were about 12 people in this choir and their performance was just amazing! It was an amazing performance just on its own, but knowing their story and knowing how much they sacrificed made it an extraordinary performance. It brought such a smile to my face! I say "thank you" to them all.

Back