What is your favorite brand of makeup brush and why?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for high quality makeup brushes, that are not crazy expensive. I am looking for brushes that do not shed, and wash well. I don't have a preference between natural or synthetic hair.

I'm not one to spend a ton of $$$ on brushes but I do like soft brushes. Try the ELF studio line brushes. They are $3 ea and the eyeshadow and powder brushes are great!

I am a huge fan of the Bare Essential brushes. They are pretty well priced (i think the highest price is in the mid 20's i know the blush is 14 and the eye shadows are about 12 or less each).

They are the softest brushes i have ever owned (better than mac and bobbi brown). I also like that the handle is not Super long, but it is long enough that you have plenty to hold.

I have a few B.E. brushes also but the buki brush sheds an awful lot! I would like to know of one that does not shed.

Why not start a new thread in the make up forum? You might get more responces to your question there.

I agree with Carolyn.

But my all time fave for eyes is the MAC 217. If I could only have one eye brush it would be that one because it does everything, and is really soft. For face, I'm liking my studio tools stipple brush cuz it does foundation, powder and blush nicely. Everything else I'm impartial to cuz I really do like all my brushes.

I would suggest Ecotool, they are super soft, wash well and don't shed
smile.gif

You can find soft, quality brushes that won't shed at eMakeupBrushSets.com Both individual brushes and sets are available. They can also get any type of brush that you need, so if you don't see it just ask.

I buy MAC brushes because I hear they're the best. I haven't used a lot of other brands, buy my MAC brushes seem to be damn good quality to me!

Abbamart, hands down. Abbamart Professional Beauty Supply - Makeup and Cosmetic Brushes . I used to use all BE brushes, but they all fell to pieces, and they had cost so much I looked for something else.

There, I don't think any single brush is over $10... Most are about $3-4

They are all I use. Have not had a single problem with shedding!!! LOVE

I have some of both their synthetic and naturals... I like the sheep brushes for foundation (I still use BE foundation), but I got the synthetic blush brush, too, and it is super silky and thick. Feels so nice!!

I would say MAC simply because i think that's the most representative brand in my brushes. Sephora's brushes are good but it's really trial and error with these, i like my e/s blending brush, but my stipling brush collects dust.

I'd say i like paint brushes for synthetics, apart from the slanted brushes you can easily get an array of brushes for cheap, just by looking in an art supplies store.

still love sonia kashuk's eye brushes... i go back to them every time. and dior's brushes for all things face related (foundation, blush, powder, bronzer). i've used others, but these are my lifelong loves.

I've always had luck with MAC brushes or Sephora. Those are pretty pricey though...I'm looking at the Abbamart brushes (abbamart.com), they seem promising - I think I might order some. Has anyone else tried these?

Latest posts

Back