Sign in to follow this  
Sherbert-Kisses

Wedding Dress Styles

First of all, I'm not getting married. Not yet anyway wink.gif

But I adore wedding gowns and looking at all the different styles and I was wondering where everyone stands on that? Do you like the contemporary styles, the classic poofy style or something else? I'm not 100% on which I prefer as there's three I really like.

The first is the contemporary, slightly sexy styles. The ones with the low backs and sheer clingy fabric:

(I think this one would be gorgeous without the strap detail)

WDM-ML6177-1.jpg

Secondly, I really love the idea of a 50s swing dress gown:

ninashort.jpg

flockedchiffonpromdress317.jpg

Lastly, I really adore the idea of a renaissance style gown:

merrymaiden2.jpg

• Like 2

I love the 50s style, especially the first one you posted.

To be honest, I've never really considered wedding dresses. I know what i don't want, but I haven't ever pictured myself in a dress, simply because who knows when, or even if, that will ever happen.

I like plainer materials that are rich, expensive, which speak for themselves, more than heavily decorated fabrics with loads of sequins or seed pearls or stuff like that.

I like mantila veils and longer style veils, but I also like bird cage styles. Beyond that, I can't say that I've really thought. I have a much better idea of what I'd like the bridesmaids to wear, the mother of the bride, and what flowers and cake I'd pick.

• Like 1

my favourite wedding gown ever is the dior couture from SATC:

tumblr_kuf6e4PPjc1qawcpbo1_500.jpg

yes, it's very over the top! but i LOVE it!

but i also have a place in my heart for karl lagerfeld:

yet.jpg

• Like 1

Although I'd never wear one as I doubt I could afford it, you've gotta love the queen of wedding gowns! Ms. Vera Wang...

Vera Wang - Gown Gallery - FALL 2010

I think when the time comes I'm more than likely going to go for the vintage style dress as it's more my general style and personality. I would love to have a gown but I'd probably trip over it.

• Like 1

I love wedding gowns!! More traditional than modern.. Of the couple I've worn a friends beaded one was amazing.. And heavy!!

2432750414_9dffbbffcc_m.jpg

• Like 1

The first one is really looking pretty because of its back the grace of whole dress will increase and you look different in your wedding. love5.gif

Guest pinkrose1

carmen.jpg

I am wearing this wedding dress...rockwoot.gif

I love the contemporary ones with the sheer meterial. I think they're elegant. But at the same time I also love beautiful things people can do with dresses no matter what the style. I wouldn't ever go for anything extravagant myself, but I still adore other styles.

loved mine....I was all about the long train and detailing. I wanted to feel like a bride and not wear "just a white dress". But there are so many gorgeous dresses out there to fit everyone's styles.

9926_525203301704_49300744_31232648_7902

• Like 1

hi to all

I feel some what bore to white dress.

now a day colorful bridal dresses are also in fashion.

but ya , As bellagia has written

tail is must for bridal gown.

and i too love long tail of gown

This was my dress, i got it for our beach wedding this past summer, i took these photos of it from the designers website, when i saw it in a brides magazine i knew it was the one. When i went and tried it on that was it i loved it even more and bought it within ten minutes of having it on.

medress2.jpg

mydress1.jpg

mydress3.jpg

• Like 2

Bellagia beautiful dress! You looked stunning girly!

Livingthedream, what a fabulous dress!  I love it!

How beautiful and gorgeous the dress is bellagia !!!!If any one wear it she looks like a fairy. It would  be the dress value. 

My first choice is the very top photo those sleek dresses would definitely make my man's heart melt, and that's more important to me me than a poofy princess dress but that's just my opinion.... and the slender one's are hopefully allot cheaper haha!  I would/could never spend an atrocious amount of money on a dress grandma would definitely not approve of an insane price tag a few thousand would probably be to much for her. I could also easily fall int love with a 50's vintage style lace dress but it would have to be a sleek design as well after writing this I am starting to think I may just have something against tool lol. :)

Originally Posted by bellagia View Post

loved mine....I was all about the long train and detailing. I wanted to feel like a bride and not wear "just a white dress". But there are so many gorgeous dresses out there to fit everyone's styles.

9926_525203301704_49300744_31232648_7902

I have just one word for this... WOW!

ooo a beauty forum with a bridal section! loving it so far!

I got my wedding dress a few months ago and my first dress fitting will be in Feb 2012 lol really far away i know!

Here's a pic of my dress. I wanted something very very simple and lucky I found this one

main_635.JPG