How Do You Clean Your Floors?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am going throught the threads on MUT and on TV is an infomercial for the Shark Steampocket Mop. I was wondering, how do you clean your floors?

The old fashion mop and bucket

Steam mop

Bissell Floormate

Sponge mop?

mop_bucket.jpg

Tim.jpg
31KQSi7gS2L.jpg
11971657.jpg

We have a mop for the basement/utility room (ceramic and plastic tiles).. And had on old sponge mop that we used in the kitchen and bathrooms but have replaced it with a swiffer wet jet something or other.. which works pretty well... We have a regular Shark steam thingy (not the floor mop version) I would be afraid to use that much heat and steam on anything except ceramic tiles or concrete..

We have some laminate in the kitchen and bathrooms. I use a bowl with water and vinegar and clean with a cloth or sponge.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif We have a mop for the basement/utility room (ceramic and plastic tiles).. And had on old sponge mop that we used in the kitchen and bathrooms but have replaced it with a swiffer wet jet something or other.. which works pretty well... We have a regular Shark steam thingy (not the floor mop version) I would be afraid to use that much heat and steam on anything except ceramic tiles or concrete.. The steam mop is perfectly fine for hardwood or laminate as well as ceramic. I use it for laminate and hardwood along with ceramic. It evaporates faster than mopping. The chemicals in a swiffer wetjet is poisonous to pets. I have a cat and dog. I can't chance them walking thru and then licking their paws. No chemicals, no large quantities of water, no reusing dirty water. For my kitchen and bathrooms, I use the floormate once a week for a really good clean. It shoots water, scrubs, then vacuums it up...like a carpet cleaner but for hard floors.

Vacuum for carpet, steam 1ce a month. And I still get down on all 4s in the kitchen and bathroom and scrub.

^Same here. Fiance got me the Dyson vacume. It's kick-As$!!

And I HATE HATE HATE cleaning the bathroom. It really bothers me. I do it every week tho so it bothers me less. For the bathroom floors I use commet. For the kitchen, I use Lysol in a bucket with water and a gool 'ol rag.

The BEST tip for cleaning floors/thehouse,etc. is WINE/BEER/MIXED DRINKS! It goes by MuCH faster and the grossed-out factor goes WAY down!!! Seriously! lol!

Yes! Dyson is wicked. The first time you use one, you feel like you are a dirty pig because it picks up all the crap that your old vacuum missed all those months/years. Most of my main floor is tile so I use that floormate. It would take me all day if I did it by hand and using a sponge mop is just plain yucky.

i have a swiffer wet mop. it works really well. I have laminate floors and i clean it with water and some vinegar.

I hoover the carpet - getting a Sebo soon, hopefully.

Flash Power Mop for the main bathroom floor.

The kitchen floor and en suite are done by hand since with a sponge since they are only small areas.

I also sweep up bits and bobs in the kitchen and bathrooms with my trusty dustpan and brush.

I'm getting a dyson for the carpet, but right now have a cheapo hoover. I get down all on 4s and clean my floor with a scrubber, ajax, and regular cleanser. I'm a neat freak when it comes to my flooring.

you're supposed to clean the floors? lol. I just use hot water on my tile floors mixed with some pinesol.

A mop and bucket of cleanser, I use the Swiffer wet jet for touch-ups. I used to use the swiffer all the time, but since the floor is tile, it wasnt getting in between the tiles. I never have to vacuum the carpet, b/c my fiance vacuums all the time, it's the only housework he does besides the dishes. It's weird. I wish he had an obsession with dusting and stuff, but I will settle with not having to vacuum, lol.

Originally Posted by speerrituall1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I clean my ceramic floors with a little bleach and dish detergent. I use my Shark Pocket Mop for the hardwood, it's the best! Does the Shark Pocket mop not good on ceramic tile?

Latest posts

Back