Favorite feminine products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always pretty much used tampons, but recently I noticed that some brands pretty much suck. Meaning they start to leak and when they are clearly not fully absorbed. I noticed this especially with Tampax Pearl. I will never buy those again. I have this problem with pretty much all of them except Tampax regular Cardboard tampons and any Kotex tampon, so I'm only getting these from now on.

The other discovery I recently made are that pads have come a really long way since I first got my period in middle school, which is the only time I really wore them. I hated them because they made me itch and I was always kinda wanting to scratch my crotch. Sorry for the bad image guys. Then every time I'd sleep in one I would stain myself because I would move around so much. Recently I needed something and my friend only had those Always Infinity pads and they were great. I noticed no itching at all and no leaks. I will probably purchase these for a lighter day when I really don't wanna wear a tampon.

Does anyone else have a preference, or stay away from either certain tampons or pads?

I use a menstrual cup which has worked fabulous for me and cloth panty liners.
biggrin.gif

I've had TSS before, needless to say I dont fool with tampons. I use always infinity in the day, and always overnight pads at night or when I dont have to go anywhere.

I only use O.B. tampons if I'm not using pads. They are the best tampons I have ever worn. However, recently, which is the past couple months I have been using Always pads. I like that I can actually go pee and not have to discard anything and insert a new tampon every time.

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I only use O.B. tampons if I'm not using pads. They are the best tampons I have ever worn. However, recently, which is the past couple months I have been using Always pads. I like that I can actually go pee and not have to discard anything and insert a new tampon every time. You can't pee with an O.B. tampon?

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a menstrual cup which has worked fabulous for me and cloth panty liners.
biggrin.gif
I've never tried those, but they have always interested me. I guess I'm too scared I'll insert it wrong.

I normally use tampons during the day and pads at night. I've been meaning to get a menstrual cup!

I use Playtex tampons through the day, just regular absorbency. And Always Infinity at night. I love those pads. They truly have come a long way since I first used pads in middle school. I would wear a tampon at night but I often sleep longer than I should and I worry about complications. So a pad is easiest
smile.gif

Also - I HATE Tampax Pearl. OMG, I never felt something so uncomfortable in my life. I guess they are ok when they are in, but pulling them out HURTS because they expand so funky.

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can't pee with an O.B. tampon? Yes, just like any other tampon. In general I don't like the feel of my tampon after I've used the restroom.

I use Always pads... I'm paranoid to use tampons for some reason, I've only used them once or twice before. I use the ultra thin pads though.. b/c mine is never heavy.

Yeah, I guess I'm paranoid of TSS.

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, just like any other tampon. In general I don't like the feel of my tampon after I've used the restroom. Of course you can pee with your tampon in. If that wasn´t the case I´d go through an entire box of tampons within 2 days, cause I pee a lot (I drink a lot of water and have a small bladder)
When I pee I just hold the string to the back, no problem. You actually shouldn´t remove a tampon if it´s not fully soaked so to say. If the tampon is too "dry" when you remove it it feels uncomfortable.

TSS is rare, so I wouldn´t let that keep me from using tampons. This is totally gross, but I accidently wore a tampon for 4 full days one time! The string had disappeared inside, and it was already the end of my period and I just forgot to remove the last tampon. I have no idea how this could happen, but it did. And I survived, without getting TSS or even a yeast infection. I guess I have the healthiest vagina ever lol

I use Playtex Gentle Glide and I HATE pads. OMG I might have to try some again but I can't stand that ooze out feeling. (SORRY! LOL) It makes me feel so uncomfortable and paranoid when I wear a pad.

I've also tried the Instead cups, but I'm not a huge fan. I've been wanting to try the Diva Cup too, but $25 is kind of steep for something I might not like.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Of course you can pee with your tampon in. If that wasn´t the case I´d go through an entire box of tampons within 2 days, cause I pee a lot (I drink a lot of water and have a small bladder)
When I pee I just hold the string to the back, no problem. You actually shouldn´t remove a tampon if it´s not fully soaked so to say. If the tampon is too "dry" when you remove it it feels uncomfortable.

TSS is rare, so I wouldn´t let that keep me from using tampons. This is totally gross, but I accidently wore a tampon for 4 full days one time! The string had disappeared inside, and it was already the end of my period and I just forgot to remove the last tampon. I have no idea how this could happen, but it did. And I survived, without getting TSS or even a yeast infection. I guess I have the healthiest vagina ever lol

Like I said, just like any other tampon you can pee with it in. "I" don't like the feeling. Glad you don't have problems with it.
Question about the menstrual cup. When you remove it, do you just pour it out in the toilet then insert it back in? Or do you clean it then reinsert it? Is it uncomfortable?

Originally Posted by sooperficial /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Playtex Gentle Glide and I HATE pads. OMG I might have to try some again but I can't stand that ooze out feeling. (SORRY! LOL) It makes me feel so uncomfortable and paranoid when I wear a pad.
I've also tried the Instead cups, but I'm not a huge fan. I've been wanting to try the Diva Cup too, but $25 is kind of steep for something I might not like.

I know exactly what your talking about with that ooze feeling, I hate pads too because of that. I hate the fact that I'm sitting in my blood, it just feels so gross and let's not start with the smell. There's nothing grosser than walking into a women's bathroom and smelling old pads.
I really hate them because I can't wear one while I sleep. I stain myself every time. Sometimes I think I use them wrong or something.

Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, just like any other tampon. In general I don't like the feel of my tampon after I've used the restroom. Originally Posted by Johnnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Like I said, just like any other tampon you can pee with it in. "I" don't like the feeling. Glad you don't have problems with it. sorry, I totally thought you said it´s not possible to pee with a tampon in, in general. I was like whaaat? Lol misunderstanding there

kopfkratz.gif
That is not a nice image girl! hahaha... i actually always wear tampons.. the pearl ones!! and i really do like them... but maybe is cause i dont really have heavy heavy days.. and i do change them every 3 hours.. For example my first is always the worst one! So i use pads usually the always ones green package for regular days.. by the 2nd day i use tampons.. the regular pearl ones.

No problems THANK GOD!
eclipsee.gif

Another vote for the menstrual cup - I wasn't sure when I first read about them but got the Moon Cup and I'd never ever go back to using anything else.

Although,

Quote:
I've never tried those, but they have always interested me. I guess I'm too scared I'll insert it wrong. this made me laugh as I felt like that too. And did definitely struggle the first few times, accidentally twanged it round the bathroom - thankfully pre-use!
Would definitely recommend them though - better for the environment, cheaper in the long-run and for me anyway, a lot less painful than tampons. just make sure you give yourself time and privacy the first time...

Originally Posted by riemaflee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Another vote for the menstrual cup - I wasn't sure when I first read about them but got the Moon Cup and I'd never ever go back to using anything else.
Although, this made me laugh as I felt like that too. And did definitely struggle the first few times, accidentally twanged it round the bathroom - thankfully pre-use!

Would definitely recommend them though - better for the environment, cheaper in the long-run and for me anyway, a lot less painful than tampons. just make sure you give yourself time and privacy the first time...

agreed. I was turned off by the idea at first. Then about five years after I first heard about them I did some more research and it seemed like a good option for me. I could never go back.

whats an o.b tampon?

all tampons really make me cringe. i tried to use them when i was younger and first started my periods, and just the sensation of putting dry (i know it gets wet eventually) cotton up there makes me shudder. i can't stand the idea of them.

i use always pads, over here we have some with silk in, they're really comfortable and light and you can just forget you're wearing them. i don't mind the ooze feeling. you get used to it.

Back