Mid Year Check in

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How is everyone doing on their no/low buys?

Ive turned my low buy into a no buy on May 18th. I haven't bought a thing since then! Im going to try and get some stuff from the MAC To the Groove collection and then ill be back on it.

I did good till yesterday when I bought 3 new mascaras, just because.. Not like I ran out or anything.. But I haven't bought any clothes in a long time (February?) and won't till I loose 10 more pounds!! Or buy a tighter corset! Lol.

I have switched up the rules of my no buy. I have started doing something where i mark down the items i use up. every item gets a mark. and every two marks counts towards a 10 dollar item. when i need or want to buy something i can only buy stuff up to the point of money i have aloted.

Just for two examples if i want to buy a mascra that costs 2.50 i count it as a ten dollar item (all prices are rounded up) and i must have used up two items prior to purchasing it. Lets say i want to splurge though and get a nars blush which with tax is like 30 bucks. That will count as 3 ten dollar items and i will have had to used up 6 items before i can buy it.

Back