Makeup Pet Peeves

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any makeup pet peeves? Makeup mishaps that make you cringe when you see them? A makeup faux pas that makes you want to run over and play an impromptu makeup stylist?

My makeup pet peeve has to do with eyebrows!

1) People who completely shave, wax, and in any other way remove their eyebrows and then draw them back on. This usually means they draw one very thin line. No! No! No! Now, I know some people have no eyebrows due to extreme measures. I had a co-worker who lost her eyebrows in a car fire and they never grew back. She would draw on (and eventually got a tattoo makeup) a very strong, natural brow. She looked gorg!

2) When people put on a major full-face of makeup and neglect their brows. Then they are left with a chalky limp brow. I think using a brow pencil or brow powder can take you from glam to POW!

I had a girlfriend who's aunt plucked her off to get them co come back in thicker.... and they never grew back at all... Looked so funny drawn on in bright red pencil to match her hair!

I don't like girls who use really dark foundation and stop at the jaw line and their necks are white as snow..... just looks so un-natural.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif mascara pumpers. especially if they're pumping MY bottle of mascara. I really hate that, what's the point?
I hate women who know their foundation doesn't match, but they don't really care. A classmate in college wore the most mismatched foundation, she looked like she had funeral home makeup on.

mascara pumpers for me or those who wear a light lipgloss and then a dark lip liner no no no...

that's so funny. i never thought i had any makeup pet peeves but i do hate people pumping their mascaras and lipglosses. you're good the first time!
smile.gif

Ya'll have said some good ones... another that bothers me is reverse dark circles, where they've taken a lighter shade of concealer under the eyes to the extreme and the whole under-eye area is much lighter than their foundation/rest of their face.

Other than that just extremely dated makeup - like you know they haven't changed their mu routine in at least 10 years.

Unblended lip liner - The ladies here LOVE to do it, and put clear gloss on. It looks horrible.

Re-used eyelashes that haven't been cleaned - You could see the old makeup stuck to it, it doesn't glue on properly, ewww...

Penciled in brows with not a speck of actual HAIR nearby.

Thick foundation

my peeves..The mask! Girls wearing foundation and not blending it in right.

Drawn on eyebrows!

Overdone makeup, none of it really matching together.

Neglected brows for sure, either not shaped or the wrong colour. Unblended foundation around the jawline and hairline. Extremely light undereye area (too much/too light a shade of concealer).

Fake drawn on eyebrows. Black eyeliner as lip liner. Mascara pumpers. Dirty makeup. Dips in makeup.

I have so many makeup peeves but the one that never fails me and makes me want to pull my hair out is when I see lipliner outside of the natural lipline in an attempt to "plump" them up. It's so obviously fake and all these "professionals" who claim it works are lying lol. It irritates me that bad.

4425775517_ccaf7d8e61.jpg

pam-anderson-lips.jpg

slide_340_10130_large.jpg

But hey, if you like the joker effect, then go for it lol.

1269974279-jack-nicholsons-joker.jpg

Those are all really good ones! For some reason one of my pet peeves is white eyeliner. . I don't know why but whether it's worn on the top ( mostly on the top ) or bottom , it just annoys me. lol

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone have any makeup pet peeves? Makeup mishaps that make you cringe when you see them? A makeup faux pas that makes you want to run over and play an impromptu makeup stylist?

1) People who completely shave, wax, and in any other way remove their eyebrows and then draw them back on. This usually means they draw one very thin line. No! No! No! Now, I know some people have no eyebrows due to extreme measures. I had a co-worker who lost her eyebrows in a car fire and they never grew back. She would draw on (and eventually got a tattoo makeup) a very strong, natural brow. She looked gorg!

2) When people put on a major full-face of makeup and neglect their brows. Then they are left with a chalky limp brow. I think using a brow pencil or brow powder can take you from glam to POW!

I have many many many times shaven or waxed off my Brows (Check past DTB's) & I love it & have never gotten complaints!!!!
I too dont like to see a fll face with pale neglected brows

I also Dont like tons of shadow, lashes, brows & lips done with Little to NO Foundation on Uneven Oily Skin

Ha But like Ive said in many posts here b4 I Also love that ppl make these mistakes BecaUSE if everyone knew how to apply makep I'd be out of a Job!!

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone have any makeup pet peeves? Makeup mishaps that make you cringe when you see them? A makeup faux pas that makes you want to run over and play an impromptu makeup stylist?

I agree. There is all kinds of people who wear their makeup diffenently,I give them props. Rock the differences!!

Dark skin girls who think they look cute with super pink lips...i seen some that can pull it off but most cant.

Back