Favorite Lip balm!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your favorite lip balm? What do you love about it?

For everyday use, my fave is Strawberry LipSmackers. Nothing smells better.

For chapping/peeling lips, my faves are Vaseline Lip Therapy (cherry) and Neosporin LT.

My least favorite is Carmex. It smells bad, tastes worse, and doesn't heal at all!

My favorites for chapped lips are Clinique Superbalm and Aquaphor ointment. For everyday, I like my LipSmackers in Dr. Pepper! Leaves a slight pink tint
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine I use Chapstick for my lips. I used to use Vaseline's petroleum jelly in this little squeeze tube, but I can't find it anymore. I tried Carmex once and I hated it! Carmex is definitely nasty. I find the Vaseline stuff at Wal-Mart and I think my Target has it too.

Originally Posted by anne7 My favorites for chapped lips are Clinique Superbalm and Aquaphor ointment. For everyday, I like my LipSmackers in I like Superbalm too...especially the Raspberry tint.

Clinique superbalm!!!! Raspberry and bronze!!!! Feels good on my lips!!

I love my acseine sensitve lip treatments and Chanel Lip treatment SPF 15.

Hands down, I do love LUSH Chocolate Whipstick! That stuff is addictive, very yummy and really moisturizing.

My favorite is Philosophy's Kiss Me too:icon_love I also loooooooove Too Faced Bunny Balm:icon_love I DEF. agree with the Carmex being nasty!!!!!!!!

Blistex Medicated Balm -- the only thing I've tried that quickly heals chapped lips (if I put enough on at night it's still on my lips in the morning and my lips so soft!), and this regular kind is flavorless! The "Medicated Berry" flavor grosses me out though, hubby likes it and I refuse to kiss him when he wears it! lol

I like the Rosebud Salve. It smells good and leaves a little tint, I wear it to work sometimes instead of lipstick, I am the only girl who wears makeup where I work anyhow. Chapstick cherry is good too. I used that as lip gloss when I was real young.

I am surprised that so many people like Lipsmackers... I, personally, think that all of their inventive scents/flavors are a good idea, but a lot of them seem to taste the same to me and they aren't very moisturizing.

My all-time favorite is Blistex Complete Moisture :icon_love ... Sounds plain, but it's not... it smells like Sprite (or some other Lemon-Limey thing) and tastes good, too! It softens and is slick but not overly shiny, and I just think it feels great. I have tried and collected so many lip balms and glosses that something simple is a relief to me, LoL.

I also like Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm (mmm, *reapplies*)!

I like Blistex Medex in the little blue jar. I have Rosebud but it aggravates the lovely eczema "living" on the right side of my mouth (NO it's not a cold sore LOL)

icon_mad.gif
ALL RIGHT! That's it! No more trashing my beloved Carmex, ya hear??!?!?!?!

Yes Carmex is my all-time favorite lip stuff. Contrary to what others have said, I find it miraculously healing and soothing. I could have a crack in my lip the size of the Grand Canyon at bedtime, but if I put the Carmex on, it's healed in the morning. I swear. As for the smell and taste, I agree it's different, but I don't find it umpleasant. It's somehow nostalgic and comforting for me. I will use it for life, it's a desert-island product for me!

For every day, I like Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 because it's texture is nice and light, and it smells like tea. Mary Kay Satin Lips is really great, but too pricey IMO.

I recently tried Smith's Rosebud Salve for the first time, and I wasn't too impressed. It performs ok, but I don't like the smell and it gives this weird numbing sensation on the lips. The tin was messy and greasy.

I can't stand to use any Chapstick brand products because they feel like wax! They don't seem to sink in and moisturize at all. I don't like Lip Smackers because the flavors are too sweet and strong, and some have too much tint. I don't want any color at all.

Wow--we're all quite different, aren't we!
tongue.gif

Back