Tinted Moisturizer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there. I'm need some help finding a replacement tinted moisturizer. The one I have is nearly done and it's no longer being sold. It's Prescriptives Traceless. I've looked around Boots and department stores like Debenhams but I can't see anything I like. The traceless is very light, and although it sometimes goes a bit dark on me it has a very neutral/beige colour and doesn't look too yellow or orange.

I've seen plenty that have too much colour or are too dark. Any ideas? It would be good if it was readily available in the UK too. :/

I would love to know about any recommendations to tinted moisturizers too. I've never used any, but I thought summer would be a good time to give a break to liquid foundation and use something light on my skin. I tried Benefit's Rebel at Sephora...I thought it was a bit oily looking. I've heard raves about Laura Mercier, but it's quite pricey...especially if I end up not liking it!

When you use tinted moisturizer, does it mean that you don't need any other moisturizer? What about SPF? And do you need to apply anything on top of the moisturizer like a loose/pressed powder to set it?

i actually make ma own. i use Benefit cuz i have super dry face and i find it fine. but it is oily.

i mix my fav powder (clinique) or mineral powder (Revlon) with my moisturizer. i use L'oreal.. and add some sun screen. u just have to find the right shade..and voila.. you got ur own tinted moisturizer.

Make your own tinted moisturizer using your favorite foundation and moisturizer. If you make it yourself you can control the amount of color the finish product has. Since making my own tinted moisturizer I almost never wear foundation anymore. The tinted moisturizer that I wear most often is one part foundation and one part moisturizer. I wear this one when I want to look like I'm wearing makeup. I also have another tinted moisturizer that is 2 parts moisturizer and one part foundation. I wear this one when I just want to look alive just to ward off that hag look. You can also add strobe liquid for a nice glow. There is so much you can do with your moisturizer when you make it yourself.

I use a moisturizer from Sally's beauty supply called Beyond Belief. Beyond Belief is a complete skincare line and they also sell a sunscreen that you can add to your tinted moisturizer. I have used this system for years and it's has worked wonders for me.

I second Laura Mercier! Lately I've been using Dr. Hauscka tinted moisturizer and love it. It doesn't give as good of coverage as LM but my skin seems to love it plus it's all natural. The only drawback is that I have to use separate sunscreen with it.

Originally Posted by lavender /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've heard raves about Laura Mercier, but it's quite pricey...especially if I end up not liking it! I'm a big fan of the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but as you said it is quite pricey. I tend to use it in the winter months and I go with a Neutrogena sunscreen with high SPF and then a mineral powder on top during the summer. Because I don't use the Laura Mercier tinted foundation all the time, it has lasted quite a while for me.

Originally Posted by lavender /img/forum/go_quote.gif When you use tinted moisturizer, does it mean that you don't need any other moisturizer? What about SPF? And do you need to apply anything on top of the moisturizer like a loose/pressed powder to set it? During the winter I use a lightweight moisturizer with SPF and then I apply the tinted moisturizer. As stated above, for the summer months I go with a really high SPF sunscreen and I skip the tinted moisturizer because I tend to feel oily with it. I prefer to stick with a powder.
I just saw an ad for an Avon tinted moisturizer that is $8. I've never used Avon so I can't speak to the quality of this product, but I have to say that the price definitely caught my eye.

I couldn't make my own because, I don't know what the difference in the formula is between the foundation and the tinted moisturizer but using foundation at all would break me out, seriously. I use MAC Studio Moisture Tint and that works well for me.

Back