Best Stippling Brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls!

I'm getting tired of using a regular foundation brush to apply my makeup and think I may better like the result of using a Stippling Brush.

Any favorites you have?

I saw a Sonia Kashuk Highlighting brush at Target that looked like I MAY be able to use for stippling but the reviews for it aren't that great on MUA...

For everyone who voted the M.A.C 187, do you have a problem with the brush shedding? I have the 188 because the 187 looked too big...I love the job it does but it sheds soooooo much!

The 187 is the softest/springiest, so it gets my vote also. But my issue isn't shedding, it's bleeding. Ever since I used Michelle Pham's cleaning method (antibacterial dishwashing liq. and evoo), all my black haired brushes can't stop bleeding!!! GRRRR!

I have to vote for the 187 too. It's just that it's the only stippling brush I've ever used. I like it. It does shed a bit but nothing horrible or excessive. I just never liked the feel or look of my foundation when applied with a foundation brush.

Same here! I used the michelle phan method with the olive oil and soap and now the tips of my "skunk brush" are now black
frown.gif

I love the MAC 187 but I also love my Sigma SS187 brush as a cheaper alternative and though it's less dense, it still works pretty well. I think it's 16 bucks

Bumping bump bump !!

Any other suggestions ?

I've started using a Sephora stippling brush (finally remembered i did have a stippling brush in my stash
eusa_whistle.gif
) to apply my foundation. Super easy, super quick, love the results but OMG ! It's everything but soft, my skin almost feels itchy after using it. I really wonder what i'm going to do with this, i don't like it to apply powder on my face, it's too hard for foundation, i would say it's a waste of money but luckily i bought it for really cheap. It's easy to clean, although i did squirt some black colorant when washing mine (which to me isn't a good sign of quality).

I love the Sigma F15 - It is an exact dupe of the MAC 187 for only $16.00 and mine sheds a LOT less than the MAC one.

I only have one stippling brush and I am in love with it
smile.gif
It is the Sigma F80 which is a unique brush (meaning it is not a dupe for any MAC brush), it is very soft and dense and does not shade at all. I have used it with liquid foundation manly and it gives a very natural finish but I have also experimented with mineral foundation and it works as well.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Bumping bump bump !!
Any other suggestions ?

I've started using a Sephora stippling brush (finally remembered i did have a stippling brush in my stash
eusa_whistle.gif
) to apply my foundation. Super easy, super quick, love the results but OMG ! It's everything but soft, my skin almost feels itchy after using it. I really wonder what i'm going to do with this, i don't like it to apply powder on my face, it's too hard for foundation, i would say it's a waste of money but luckily i bought it for really cheap. It's easy to clean, although i did squirt some black colorant when washing mine (which to me isn't a good sign of quality).

Really? It's not the one with the silver bottom one, is it? I'm guessing not, since you bought it super cheap :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />I use the Sephora one with the silver bottom, (Their Professionnel collection, or whatever) and I have to say, I love the results! It's so soft, and applies just so easy. I haven't tried the MAC one ever, and it's the only stippling brush I've ever had... but I really do love it!

Originally Posted by inchesnfalling /img/forum/go_quote.gif Really? It's not the one with the silver bottom one, is it? I'm guessing not, since you bought it super cheap :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />I use the Sephora one with the silver bottom, (Their Professionnel collection, or whatever) and I have to say, I love the results! It's so soft, and applies just so easy. I haven't tried the MAC one ever, and it's the only stippling brush I've ever had... but I really do love it!

Actually, it's this one. The salesperson who ordered the brushes made a mistake and consequently the store had so many of these brushes they decided to get rid of them by selling them for 1€ each.

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll definitely check out the Sigma brushes
smile.gif

Has anyone tried the stippling brush sold by Coastal Scents ?

I really like the Target Studio Tools Stippling Brush.  It was $6.99 and makes my foundation look flawless!  I bought 2 of them and had them for about a year now and they're still in great shape.  Plus when I bought them they were 1.99 each!

I bought the F80, it's more dense and i thought i could try it with my mineral foundation as well.

Also a update on this.

I purchased the Etude House Duo-Fibre brush and I LOVE it.

The brush is crazy thick. The handle is shorter than I thought it would be and the bristles are WAY denser than I could've imagined. Great for stippling, but I still need to practice my technique to get it down.

Is there any Youtube vid that any of you watched to teach yourselves to stipple?

Latest posts

Back