Has anyone tried applying mineral make-up with the beauty blender??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw a tutorial from Enkoremakeup on youtube and am now very curious.

I am still on the search for a new mineral foundation (not a fan of Bare E. sorry loves --- I know it's very popular). I've tried B.E., The Body Shop, Presitge, Everyday Minerals, and just can't seem to find a mineral make-up that stays the same color when I leave the house. I know the hormones/oil glands in our skin change the color of all of our foundations but for my mineral foundations, it was too dramatic that I had to let it go. Also because I suffer dry skin, any powder was a no no.

But I hear with the damp beauty blender, even dry skin can tolerate it?

Airbrushed effect maybe?

Has anyone tried it?

Good Morning

I have a few customers that use the beauty blender damp to apply their foundation.

They seem to get more coverage, but different foundations apply differently. Some may be to heavy to apply with the blender, so you need to use a little to start, the more sheer ones apply differently. Some say they like the smoothness and stays on better for them. I have dry skin and used it and works fine for me, but everyone is different. Again the sad part is with applying minerals with any tool, it is trial and error until you find the desired look you are looking for.

If you minerals are changing color on you, have you tried a primer under them?? That may help.

Kathy

Fusion of Color Cosmetics

I tried to apply my foundations with the beauty blender from Sephora, the yellow one.. not big fun.

I think its not good for loose foundations.

I back to my brushes..

Just a thought on minerals changing color - there are a few foundations that are made with coated micas (like carnauba wax treated sericite), titanium dioxide etc. to help prevent that color shift that happens with oil. I can't say who uses them off hand, but you could ask around?

Latest posts

Back