No-Buy till both kids get a JOB!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seriously, with both kids in school, having cars and car insurance, and health insurance, one sharing an apartment and one at home, both out of work.... they are draining my bank accounts at an alarming rate.... So till they both get some kind of job I will not be buying any more makeup, shoes or clothes.... period...
frown.gif

you think you can call my dad and explain this concept to him? Although I have job...I'm underpaid. BUT I'm going to school!! My brother on the other hand..he smokes huka in the back yard. But the old man buy's a CRATE..yes A CRATE. not a box. not a case. A CRATE of BULLETS EVERY OTHER DAY. But i have no air in my car and asthma add the humidity...and every time I drive i feel like I'm going to die. But were on a budget. and its ok because we have CRATES OF BULLETS!!! ok im done.

Originally Posted by Anna /img/forum/go_quote.gif you think you can call my dad and explain this concept to him? Although I have job...I'm underpaid. BUT I'm going to school!! My brother on the other hand..he smokes huka in the back yard. But the old man buy's a CRATE..yes A CRATE. not a box. not a case. A CRATE of BULLETS EVERY OTHER DAY. But i have no air in my car and asthma add the humidity...and every time I drive i feel like I'm going to die. But were on a budget. and its ok because we have CRATES OF BULLETS!!! ok im done. Well for me it's family first... if your AC is just low on freon, PM me and i can tell you how to recharge it yourself for $10....

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You need to get McDonalds applications for your kids Karren. Have done that lol but thinking if they worked at Wendy's I could get free frostys!
smile.gif

Oh wow, I understand that. It's soo good to read about parents still sacrificing to help their children out!

Kudos to you Karren and I hope they both find something soon to help YOU out!

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well for me it's family first... if your AC is just low on freon, PM me and i can tell you how to recharge it yourself for $10....

Have done that lol but thinking if they worked at Wendy's I could get free frostys!
smile.gif

i wish thats what was wrong. my compressor or something to that extent is cracked and i need a new one
bawling.gif

I would say good luck on your no buy, but it sounds like you have no choice but to be good lol!

Originally Posted by Anna /img/forum/go_quote.gif i wish thats what was wrong. my compressor or something to that extent is cracked and i need a new one
bawling.gif
Sounds like a cheaper repair than a crate of bullets!! lol So what does he do with all those bullets?

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I would say good luck on your no buy, but it sounds like you have no choice but to be good lol! I could give up eating or ice hockey?? Hmmmm Maybe not eating wouldn't be so bad.... I could afford to loose a few extra pounds.... sigh...

You remind me of my mom, me and my sis were both in collge and she sacificed so much. I had a job to pay for personal expenses, but my sis on the other hand, let's just she wasn't very appreciative.

I am sure my mom sympathizes with your situation (2 kids in school, both with cars and insuarance and both who will soon be living out of home)

This is why i think parents should get more credit than they do. People do not realize that even after kids are legally adults parents help out a LOT

Karren best of luck! I hope they find a job soon. I know first hand how my parents still worry about me. I have a job.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sounds like a cheaper repair than a crate of bullets!! lol So what does he do with all those bullets? they sit in the basement. i'm waiting for the fbi to show up any day now. if he actually shot stuff we wont be so mad...bullets are his eyeshadow i guess...

Originally Posted by Anna /img/forum/go_quote.gif they sit in the basement. i'm waiting for the fbi to show up any day now. if he actually shot stuff we wont be so mad...bullets are his eyeshadow i guess... Lol. Maybe he will be on Cops one day soon?
Last night... the daughters new kitten she was fostering form the humane society... Well his eye exploded... He was partly blind and has fiv and the humane society said they would spend up to $1000 for medical treatment.. We'll last night my daughter came home and there was blood every where so off to the emergency vet... They have to remove the eye and the cost... $2,200!! And I can't say no but lucky the humane society called and said they would pay most of the bill... If it isn't one thing...

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lol. Maybe he will be on Cops one day soon?
Last night... the daughters new kitten she was fostering form the humane society... Well his eye exploded... He was partly blind and has fiv and the humane society said they would spend up to $1000 for medical treatment.. We'll last night my daughter came home and there was blood every where so off to the emergency vet... They have to remove the eye and the cost... $2,200!! And I can't say no but lucky the humane society called and said they would pay most of the bill... If it isn't one thing...

!!! why didnt the humane society treat the eye issue prior to it exploding? In cats the eyes only explode when there is severe eye infection (its not like they have fireworks in there or something).I also do not get why the humane society is keeping an FIV posative cat. Typically these are put to sleep because they are VERY difficult to find owners for, odds are your daughter will end up taking care of this cat for the remaineder of its life

This is her second FIV cat.... we also have one... They never go outside because of that... And he has been getting antibiotics for the eye for a few weeks. The humane society wasn't open Sunday night so it was the emergency vet or nothing. The didn't feel he would make it till Monday morning when the HS vet could have seen him....

Latest posts

Back