Bare escentuals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
for those of you that have tried bare escentuals, or use it regularly, does it provide good coverage?i've heard good things about it, & i'm thinkin of tryin it.. i have a lot of acne scars & spots that i need to cover...can anyone rec a foundation that provides good coverage? thanks

Yes, it does provide good coverage! Although i'm switching to Everyday Minerals because

1. Bare minerals has bismuth oxychloride which makes your face itch in certain tempratures

2. I'm looking for a less shiny finish

its amazing coverage, they have the only concealer ill ever use because it works so well

Hiya,

I really like it but it tends to make me itchy when it's hot outside due to the bismuth (sp?). I am currently Lumiere, it gives great coverage!

I have started using BE foundation about 1 year ago and I totally love it! I do not have any special skin problem and wanted a foundation that enhances my skin without looking faked and BE works perfectly for me. I get a lot of compliments for my makeup because it looks so natural and the concealer ( I have summer bisque) is the only one I ever tried that covers both dark circles and blemishes. Hope it helps!

BE is not going to make everyone itchy. My only itchy spell with BE came during the first 2 weeks or so of every using it and up to this day, I've been a BE user for 3 years with no more itch.

I have gotten great coverage, it also depends on how you apply it. My mom has roseaca (sp?) and has successful results with BE in coverage in that area.

Good luck!!

When I first tried BE, I didn't like it too well. I gave it a second chance a little over a year ago and loved it! I attribute it to helping my skin clear up so quickly and so well. As for the shiny finish or the itchy issues that come up with some people, they don't really bother me. The matte version was released to address both of those complaints. I have matte and original and I like them equally; I tend to use the matte version during that time of the month because my face doesn't need any more shine! haha

I used Bare Minerals for years and found it was ok except that it made me look shiny sometimes if I "buffed" too much. Since then I have switched to using Everyday Minerals Intensive formula as both my foundation and concealer. I prefer Everyday Minerals! It's more affordable and it gives great coverage
smile.gif

I'm currently using Bare Minerals again. I tried it years ago, but I didn't like the shine...now I'm more into the dewy look and it's not as shiny as I remember, so I think I'll stick with this for a while. I was using Everyday Minerals for a couple of years. Their Intensive formula (and their pressed foundation if you can find your shade) has great coverage as well.

I have been using BE since 2004. I love this brand! I have tried all of their products...eyeshadows, blushes, radiances, lippies, mascara, EVERYTHING! This stuff rocks. I don't itch at all with it. I use the original version. I can't use the MATTE version. It has the RARE complex in it (the same complex in their skin care line). I react badly to the RARE complex as do many other women. Just be careful about trying the MATTE formula. I would get a sample to try first. Also I don't apply BE like they recommend, the Swirl, Tap, Buff method. I use a makeup sponge wedge and pat it on. It goes on quicker and less messier with better coverage IMO. I hope these tip help you.

Yes,  great coverage and it helps me a lot with the acne or any breakouts... I dont understand how it works but I love how I do not feel like I have caked on makeup infact I can hardly tell I am wearing it from the feel anyway... I love it... ... you can always just try it out and see what you think,  Blessings

I tried it and loved it!  I am apart of the beauty renewal program and friends and benefits.  I quit using proactive and quit washing my face bc the make up actually heals your skin.  matter fact i brush some powder of my face after bath.I LOVE the online last chance items its cheap and worth it.  I honestly can say this is the best make up out thereI mix several different colors and use all the radiance's depending on if I have sun or not.  While your skin will "purge" after a week or so you will have a breakout you should be able to cover it (using the right brush is key to getting the right coverage splurge on there brushes even if you buy them on ebay bc you waste so much product if not and you won't get true results) after that your skin will glow!  Now I am a BM junkie I only use there products and bc I spend so much they give me special sales free products and always free samples along with free $10 for every $150 i spend.  You can return anything used or not!  I enrolled in there beauty program which lets me get 6 full size products every 2-6 months for 79.99 half of what it cost normally.  Also, if you hit the package deals in last chance you get a bang for your buck!  It looks like your face is healthy and I always here "omg are you even wearing make up other than your eyes" then they want to feel my face 
laughno.gif
 and i let them bc I wear 6 layers of colors and you can't feel it or see it!

Back