Do You Shop Alone Or With Friends?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Strictly MU shopping. Do you feel awkward swatching and such with friends around or awkward when you're alone?

I was at Sephora today with a friend, and the whole experience just made me realize how much I love MU shopping alone. Every time I picked something up to swatch, she would say, "Lola, you don't need another lipgloss, you have a ton...I counted." UGH! So frustrating! So I told her to either shut up or go wait in the car, idc. She shut up for a while until we were walking back to my car (after I made a purchase for <100 dollars) and then started criticize how much makeup I have and that I should spend my money on things that matter like "clothes or shoes." I wanted so badly to backhand her.

I'm definitely crossing her of the list of people I can shop with lol.

I prefer to shop alone. I don't have anyone here that understands my love of makeup. If you don't understand the difference between Taupe and Mushroom then you are dead to me lol.
biggrin.gif
Yeah I have purple eyeshadow, but not THIS purple lol.

Same goes for handbags. No one gets me lol.

Ugh we totally need to have a MU island or something where we can escape the ignorance for a while, jeez.

I shop alone because my friends don't really wear makeup and every time they see my makeup they think I'm crazy
frown.gif

It would probably be great though to shop with another makeup addict so we can share tips and new products we like

I shop alone not because others don't get it, they don't btw. I just don't like people that start to rush you and say "oh yeah, whatever. get that one." It's so much more efficient to just go yourself.

Originally Posted by Imprintwilight /img/forum/go_quote.gif I shop alone. I hate people who watch me. it's odd. This is why I shop alone too and if I take my kids, they don't want to hang around the makeup counters.

I don't mind either way. It just depends which friend
biggrin.gif
I have some that hate makeup and complain about it all the time so would NEVER go makeup shopping with them, and then others who LOVE it and know more about colours than I do, which is awesome because we teach each other things. I know how to apply it and they know what colours are best for their skin! Good combination when shopping because sometimes, I swear I am colour blind because I just don't see the blue tones under the pink?... although, I am getting better!

for makeup i prefer alone cuz most of my friends dont wear any and then they do the omg thats so expensive so yea....alone

other shopping trips it all depends on which friend and where we going lol

I prefer shopping alone. I hate ppl standing about like they're bored or watching me in awe, like "You can't be serious."

I HAVE to shop alone when it comes to makeup. You're always going to get the "you don't need another lipstick", the "how many eyeshadows do you need?" or the "your wasting your money you can't wear it all at one time" type of people!! UGH! If you want to take someone make sure that person equally loves makeup just like you or your going to walk out that store empty handed! Plus your going to be pissed because the person is still talking about how you have way too much makeup and how much money you could have saved and spent it on something better!

i always always shop alone. i forget what i like when i'm with my friends and come home with weird things that they persuade me to buy lol

Surprisingly my friends don't nag at me about the amount of makeup I buy. Especially my one friend who will buy makeup with me. But if I bring my boyfriend with me .. that's another story. It's not that he doesn't like shopping he just doesn't like how much money I spend on makeup. LOL :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I almost always shop alone for makeup, I'll actually go to the mall with someone, and say "okay, I'll meet you here, I'm gunna run to Sephora." Unless they are makeup obsessed as well, which some of my friends are. But like you've all said, there's always the ones who say "$32 for bronzer... you know wet n wild is only $3, $28 for mascara! What are you doing?" But every time we hangout I'm always asked to do their makeup, and whos makeup do you think they always want me to use? Haha

When i want to buy makeup I HAVE to be alone. I like to compare stuff and think about it. Plus i have a habit of spending A LOT when i shop for makeup and my friends would not understand.

i dont mind either way really, but like most of you said my friends dont really get my love of make up, shopping alone is cool i guess but i like company to talk to have coffee in between if you have coffee by your self i think it is kinda sad haha no offense.

Alone mostly, because most of my friends are not makeup junkies like me haha! So they don't really understand, so it's better to shop alone. But I do have some friends who love sephora stuff so it's fun to look around with them, but they still aren't obsessed like me haha, so when I want to buy things I go alone..

Back