Are you afraid of snakes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not afraid of snakes. I guess partly because we don't have any venomous snakes in my Province. The only snakes found where I live are Garter and Hognose. I think the latter is rare.

Certain areas of BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario have rattlesnakes. Rattlesnake - The Canadian Encyclopedia

I think if we had venomous ones I would feel more cautious in the woods etc.

So what about you?

We have rattle snakes and water moccasins and I grew up in Texas where everything was out to kill you and I like snakes... I hate spiders!! But snakes are cool!

Not really. I wouldn't exactly go up to one, but my family is from an desert area of Mexico where snakes and scorpions are quite commonplace, so I'm pretty used to seeing them.

YES YES YES YES YES ..... hell YES

i had this nightmare about snakes since i was little, have no idea how i would have such scary dream about snake. and all my snake dreams are pretty similar that i am being chased by millions of snakeSSSSSS

helpless ...

I would go up to them when I was little, but the fear each time I did in the adults transferred to me, and now I'm petrified of them and can't shake it.

No. I think if I came across a venomous one I would be, just like if I was camping and a bear attacked me I'd be scared. But in general, no.

I love snakes too. When I drove across the States, through Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, when ever I stopped the car in the desert, I would leap out to try to see a rattlesnake. Never did. Saw a yellow and green snake in an orange tree in Florida though. Went to the Serpataria there and the Gator Farm in St Augustine. They let me hold a little gator amazing.

we don't have snakes here really. we get adders, grass snakes and sometimes smooth snakes which are super rare. i am AWFUL with snakes. just looking at them makes me feel really sick and gross feeling. i'm not scared of them, they just produce this huge feeling of nausea within me. i can't bear to watch them on TV or even look up pictures of them without feeling like i want to heave.

My country doesn't have much snakes, mostly grass snakes, and vipers, which can be a concern but at maximum one person dies every year because of a viper, so i guess that's why i'm not afraid of snakes.

I even find them quite interesting creatures, the only thing that really scares me is knowing that some people illegally buy and keep snakes within their own home, without knowing how big a snake can become once adult, and not knowing how to take care of them properly. But then i guess i'm more scared about the animal than its owner.

I was never afraid of snakes unless they are venomous. But I wouldn't touched them at all until I met my boyfriend, he owns a reptile store with lots of snakes, and now I think they are cool and I hold them all the time. The fact is, you are more likely to be bitten by a dog than be bitten by a snake.

I'm not scared of them, but I do scream like the lil girl I am when one just slides out of nowhere! I can look at them and say they are cool but I can't stand to hold them....which is odd cause I love most reptiles. I was an owner of a bearded dragon....but would never own a snake. When I lived in NS there were lots of snakes (grass, garder, ringneck, and another that was red but I forgot the name) I haven't had to see a snake since I moved to Montreal
smile.gif
I love the city!

Originally Posted by Mizzyme /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not scared of them, but I do scream like the lil girl I am when one just slides out of nowhere! I can look at them and say they are cool but I can't stand to hold them....which is odd cause I love most reptiles. I was an owner of a bearded dragon....but would never own a snake. When I lived in NS there were lots of snakes (grass, garder, ringneck, and another that was red but I forgot the name) I haven't had to see a snake since I moved to Montreal
smile.gif
I love the city! I'm terrified of them. I can't even look at pics. Maybe I should consider moving to Montreal. lol

YES!! I think it's due to my experience with one..

I was 8-10 years old, playing w/my dolls, on the floor of my room. After awhile, I stood up to go to my closet, step on something that felt ICE COLD and instinct made me jump back on my bed. Looked and it was a tiny baby (black w/green stripe on it's back) garter snake and it was shaking it's head and hissing at me. EEEK! I just stepped on a snake barefoot!!

I proceed to scream like a banshee and my dad eventually got rid of it...have no idea to this day how the heck it got in my room...

Oh yes I am afraid of snakes..like to watch them cos some of them looks really nice. We live in flats so not much I can see over here. At the zoo yes. Once I was at langkawi with my hubby I daringly took pic with a real big python over my shoulders and his...now when I look at the pic not sure how on earth I did it..hahahaha.. aniwae he had his meal already..lols..

I love snakes! =) At one point I was deathly afraid of them but my best friend got one and I watched it grow and eat for weeks before I finally held it. It kept "licking" me and I fell in love with them lol =)

Spiders - yes! Snakes (and all reptiles) are pretty awesome! I used to own a ball python and miss having her around.

Originally Posted by misstinamarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Spiders - yes! Snakes (and all reptiles) are pretty awesome! I used to own a ball python and miss having her around. My cousin had a ball python when I was young. He was quite docile, picked him up a few times. One time he got loose in the house when my aunt had company. Luckily we found him.
Last year a man in out city was bitten in the face by some type of venomous snake (illegal to keep such snakes in the city) he was keeping. Luckily he survived. I guess the hospital had anti-venin flown in.

Ingrid, that is true. I think more people are bitten by dogs every year compared to snakes.

Back