Best brand for scented candles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not a huge candle person. Basically I only burn candles if the power goes out lol. I do have a few decorative candles that don't have much scent to them even when there not lit.

However I would like to purchase a few more candles. What brands carry candles that have a stronger scent whether sitting on a table or in use-lit?

I've heard of Yankee candles which are carried here at Hallmark or Carlton cards but haven't looked at them closely.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Yankee is the best imo. I've bought many others in the past and nothing comes close. I just dug some out of the closet that have been there for about 5 years. They still smell like I bought them yesterday.

Ditto. Yankee Candles holds the strongest scents. They last longer and have more variety of scents. I stick unused tarts in the drawers to keep my clothes smelling fresh and clean too...haha. They're still good the day I bought 'em, which was way back in '04
smile.gif

Yankee is great, I usually use Yankee's. Do you have a Homegoods near you? They sell Yankee for cheaper...and have other great, strong candles as well.

I'm pretty sure this shop is only local, but there is place here call The Naked Flame. I love it. The scents from there candles is so strong, but not so strong that you gag on it. They have these lemon grass ones that make your house just smell so clean and fresh. I know this doesn't help but I had to tell people about it!
redface.gif
P

I think Yankee has the Strongest scent out of all of them, you don't even have to burn them to smell it. I too am not a big candle person. I would prefer glo sticks during a power outage because I'm afraid the kids/cat/dog may knock over candles and cause a fire. I like any candles with green tea scent.

Thanks everyone!
smile.gif
Unfortunately we don't have Homegoods store here. I know Hallmark or Carlton carry Yankee candles. I also Home Outfitters does and they usually have a 20 % off coupon in their flyers.

I've asked this before, and am always told Yankee! I should really stop buying Walmart candles and just take their advice
smile.gif

yankee's the best, but they're expensive!! at least i think so...so i go with Glade..they're like 4 or 5 bucks for their regular candles & burn long/smell strong...

I love Yankee Candles but the buzz on YT has been Candles by Victoria! I need to try those once it gets colder.

I love my Yankee, but Root candles are great too--they have lots of unusual scents that are just awesome.

Back