Brush alternative for bare minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just joined the forum and I already have a question. I use bare minerals foundation since about a year and I am very satisfied with it but recently I noticed that my kabuki brush and flawless application brush from the "get started kit" have lost their shape and are losing bristles.

If I decide to buy new ones what would you suggest? I have the MAC for eyes (239,224, 217) and I am very happy with them but the face brushes are much more expensive and I would not know what to pick to replace the flawless brush, what would you suggest?

Here are some alternatives that won't hurt your pocket as much as a MAC. I like all of these. I've owned each one, none are shedding at all. Be careful of Coastal Scents brushes as many shed. That very large buffer however, is super super soft and has never shed on me.

ecotools_bronzerbrush004.jpg

Ecotools bronzer brush

11182.jpg

Eyeslipsface.com (ELF) Studio Line powder brush

AAAAAtll59AAAAAAAQAKpQ.jpg

Coastalscents.com synthetic wide buffer brush

bluscheandedm.jpg

Everyday Minerals flat top brush

BTW Welcome!!!

Hi divadoll and thank you for your advice! Apart from coastalscents the other brand that you listed are totally new for me and I am pretty positive that they do not retail in Europe. What is the price range for those brushes? I have to consider that there is going to be extra costs (shipping, custom taxes etc) so it may end up being quite expensive anyway.

Thank you girls! I will definetly have a look at those sale prices but I never heard about this brand, are the brushes good quality?

Originally Posted by swedgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you girls! I will definetly have a look at those sale prices but I never heard about this brand, are the brushes good quality? dear swedgal.. the brushes are so great. I loved them.. the best quality!

Thank you simi simi100!

I noticed that most other brand offer both flat and dome shaped kabuki and I know that with the flat one you can have better coverage but is there any other advantage/disadvantage? I use the kabuki only for foundation and the flawless for mineral veil.

you're wellcome!!! allways love to help!

the pink flat top from Lumeire is so great and the Chabby Kabuki.. I loveee those brushes.

E.L.F. Studio powder brush is also a good yet affordable choice (the black one). Get the entire kit, UK store carries them too. Pricier then US shop but at least it ships to Europe and there will be no additional taxes.

Thank you all! I have quite a lot of resaerch to do right now!

One more thing (be patient with me, I am a newbie!!!), a frined of mine that lives in the USA and uses mineral foundation can't stop talking about the duo fiber brushes from Enkore makeup (the Youtube guru). She says they give a perfect finish but I always thought that those brushes were for liquid foundation, am I missing something? Besides I waas convinced that natural hair brushes was the way to go but if I got it right those are sinthetic, what gives?

I bought those ecotools brushes for mineral makeup because everyone gives them such great reviews. They are synthetic and I hate them with mineral makeup! The bristles on all of their brushes are way to flexible & soft to buff the minerals in like you are supposed to.

I'm looking at Jane Iredale's The Handi Brush. It's made of goat hair I think, and it's a flat top. I had BE mineral brush that came with my BE minerals a kabuki brush, and it shed horribly, but it buffed my mineral makeup in perfectly. After though, I had to pick a dozen or so brush hairs off my face.

Thank you Olivia23, that really helped! I have your same feeling, I do like the way the product goes in with the BE brushes but they have lost their original shape and the sheding got worse. I hade a look at Jane Iredale a while ago when I was in the mood for experimenting with some other mineral brand but I was not impressed, I'll check out the brushes.

I have the ADESIGN POINTED FOUNDATION BRUSH $32 ADESIGNBRUSHES.COM

A brush with short dense hairs gives even more coverage.

I really like it not a huge brush but it works GREAT..!!!

Originally Posted by Olivia23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought those ecotools brushes for mineral makeup because everyone gives them such great reviews. They are synthetic and I hate them with mineral makeup! The bristles on all of their brushes are way to flexible & soft to buff the minerals in like you are supposed to. I actually found this bronzer brush much more densely packed than any synthetic brush I've had. It may be soft but not limp and I am using it exactly for mineral makeup.

Thank you all! I guess I had no idea of how many alternatives there are out there!

Ari 1202: the brushes at ADESIGN look very good but for that price (plus shipping, taxes etc) I would just got for the MAC 182 and 134 that I can buy here in Sweden.

Divadoll: what do you think in general about natural vs synthetic brushes for mineral foundation? I aksed that before about the duo fiber brushes but did not get any answer. I 'd really appreciate your opinion
smile.gif

Ari1202: no need to be sorry! I am searching for some good brushes that can last for a very long time and I am ok with a 40-50USD price tag, actually I really like the brushes you suggested the problem is the that getting this kind of stuff to Europe turns always out to cost more than expected
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back