Tresmee or Pantene?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are both good lines.

I'm lovin' the new Pantene frizzy to smooth line for medium to thick hair.

I really see less frizz!

I'm a fan of sulfate shampoos myself.

But I love both tressume and pantene conditioners. They are my go-to brands that always seem to work with my hair.

Pantene is carcinogenic AND it has wax in it. That means that your hair is getting disgusting build up that is hard to get out. I dont know about the treseme. I use dove though.

Pantene is carcinogenic?

Are you referring to an ingredient? Did you read this from an article?

If so, I'd love to know the source.

Originally Posted by Imprintwilight /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pantene is carcinogenic AND it has wax in it. That means that your hair is getting disgusting build up that is hard to get out. I dont know about the treseme. I use dove though. Carcinogenic? I think you need to check your facts. In fact if you google that it comes up as an urban myth.

Here is the information directly from the Proctor & Gamble web site __________________________________________________ _______________

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Benzoate, Ammonium Xylenesulfonate, Disodium EDTA, PEG-7M, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

The product(s) does not contain ingredients considered hazardous as defined by OSHA, 29 CFR 1910.1200 and/or WHMIS under the HPA.

The Beauty Brains ran a few articles on this too:

What’s The Great Shampoo Scandal?

Is Pantene Putting Plastic On Your Hair?

As a hairstylist I highly recommened TRESEMME pantene makes your hair greasy

]my source is this. It's a nine minute (or so) documentary sponsored by clean water action. Please write into your senators about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfq000AF1i8

Also just for reference I didn't mean to appear hot tempered. I had simply just finished watching that video and writing an email to my senator. I'm a tree hugger... what can I say.

I actually don't like either. For my hair, Pantene makes it feel rough and it gets frizzy. Tresseme's shampoos are too harsh for me, and their conditioners are not moisturizing enough. I have not used styling products from either line. I wish Tresseme's conditioner worked for me. I love that cherry almond smell lol.

I don't like either.

My favorite shampoo is a volumizing one by Yes to Tomatoes, and my favorite conditioner is one by Esencia called Hydrating conditioner with Lotus Barley and Nettle.

Both smell great and leave my hair SO SOFT when I straighten it.

I don't like Pantene so well... and I REALLY HATE Tresemme. My hair is so tangly and frizzy when I use both and tresemme breaks my scalp out in little painful and itchy bumps @_@;.

I think they are both pretty good. I usually buy different shampoo and conditioner each time (still searching for the perfect ones) but I think they are both great brands. I've found tresseme is generally a little more moisturizing, though.

Originally Posted by Imprintwilight /img/forum/go_quote.gif ]my source is this. It's a nine minute (or so) documentary sponsored by clean water action. Please write into your senators about this.
YouTube - The Story of Cosmetics (2010)

Also just for reference I didn't mean to appear hot tempered. I had simply just finished watching that video and writing an email to my senator. I'm a tree hugger... what can I say.

I did watch the video you mentioned. I just don't care for the way they mention a chemical and then don't put it in context. In other words how much of a particular substance does the shampoo contain?
There are a lot of things, water included that are toxic when your body gets entirely too much. A trace amount of a chemical if it solves a particular problem in terms of spoilage or it does something miraculous with you hair is probably ok.

Darla. If you watch the whole movie they explain how even the tiny bits of the chemicals matter because of the chemicals in everything else. It is very dangerous cumulatively.

I just viewed the 10 min video and it only made one mention to Pantene as having a chemical linked to cancer. And it mentioned several other beauty products as well.

No where does it say that Pantene is carcinogenic.

I don't think the issue is chemicals in personal products, but more legislation required to ensure healthier beauty products.

I like Pantene but I do have to switch things up every couple weeks to avoid product build up. I think the results you get will also depend on your hair type!

Do you believe everything you see on YouTube?

Try looking around at all the things people claim are carcinogenic. Chocolate is supposed to cause cancer, but then some people say it's supposed to cure it.

Everybody's scared of chemicals, but look at all the BS people spread about NutraSweet. I've supposedly drank enough Diet Coke to give me cancer, lupus, MS, constant diarrhea, and bleeding eyeballs, but I feel better than ever.

Anyway, I like the Pantene Restoratives Time Renewal mask.

"is linked to" also doesn't mean the same thing as "causes"

hair loss/being bald is also linked to cancer, but it doesn't mean that if I shave my head or develop a receding hairline that I'll get cancer.

One site I just read said that there's chemicals in the shampoos that "can form cancer-causing nitrosamines" (note it didn't say "will cause" it says "can" meaning "might") I looked up "nitrosamines" and wiki says "Nitrosamines are found in many foodstuffs, especially beer, fish, and fish byproducts, and also in meat and cheese products" as well as "party balloons and condoms"...so I guess no more showers, beer, meat, cheese, parties, or sex for me? Oh and random fact (this one actually is fact): Apples contain cyanide. So much for an apple a day, eh?

Latest posts

Back