Sampling suggestion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have to say this forum is addicitive!!!! I joined only a few days ago and have learned a lot but at the same time a lot of questions pop into my head (infact this is my second thread on mineral makeup!).

I only have used bare minerals up to now and I am satisfied with the results but reading about all those other mineral makeup companies and sites makes me want to try something new. I have been wanting to try some illuminizer for a while and after reading the sticky I got interested in J Lynn and will probably order some samples from her. Is there any other brand you would strongly recomend? I am unsure if it is worth to sample foundation since I have my color match already but I would definetly like to try other finish or glow.

I am looking forward toreading all your siggestion

I'm going to tell you that you will regrate about that..
smile.gif
if you have allready your foundation and you'r shade..

OK. If you decide to try more... we here to help you!

first of all you need to know what are you looking for.

coverage, texture, shade and lasting power ...

personally, I like EDM, Meow, SN and more brands..

please tell us exactly what you are looking for.

Hi Simisimi!

I guess my post was somehow confusing. I like my foundation and I agree with you:no need to try other stuff just to get confused. What I was thinking of sampling are glow product/illuminizers from other companies and reading the sticky J Lynn sounded interesting. I like my foundation to make my skin look like "my skin just better". I do not like matte or high coverage products and the dewy/healthy glow kind of look works well on me that's why I was thinking of trying illumiminizers. I am fairly light/light in Bare Minerals if that helps
smile.gif

It seems that once I find a company I like, something happens and they eventually disappear.

But anyways,

Recently I sampled Adorned with Grace, but it did not have much staying power on me.

I have oily/combination skin.

Joppa in the natural radiance formula is nice, but it may be hard to find a match.

Lucy minerals is nice and provides good coverage. It doesn't look weird on me, but I feel as if it just sits on my face rather than "meld" with it. But right now it's the best foundation I have because it lasts a good amount of time.

Some people also like Sassy Minerals. They is also OceanMist and Buff'd that people like.

Keep searching in older threads.

Cory Cosmetics have different setting powders, and they have one called translucent rose. It's light but it definitely gives you a rosy glow.

Ocean Mist has a nice pink blush called mermaid's kiss, if memory serves well.

Thank you fot the tips Magosienne! It is exactely what I had in mind, do you know if those companies sell samples or do you have to buy the full size package?

Sorry! I checked and they have samples and Ocean Mist has even a full kit that they send for free.

Lumiere have gor-ge-ousss Illuminazors. They are a high quality brand when it comes to everything else than foundations. I dont think they are good at those at all.

They have a sample kit, where you could choose 5 samples from whatever you want to test.

If you decide to order from them, make sure to find something else to go whith your order (there is a flat shipping fee). They have lovely blushing bronzers ;-)

Hi Leylani! I had a look at Lumiere but I got quite confused by the website and could not find any illuminazors, I will have to check better. Is there any shade you would suggest for me (I am "light" in Bare Minerals)?

P.S. I see you are in Norway, we are basically neighbours
smile.gif

Lumiere does have gorgeous all over glow powders. Glowy, not sparkly. My faves:

Winter Silk

Island Sands

Innocence

Bare Skin

Nectar

And I agree, the blushing bronzers are fantastic.

Currently in love with Spiced Apple and Moonberry

What I love is that they are pretty goof proof - I am light skinned, and never end up looking clownish or disco ball
smile.gif

Originally Posted by swedgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Leylani! I had a look at Lumiere but I got quite confused by the website and could not find any illuminazors, I will have to check better. Is there any shade you would suggest for me (I am "light" in Bare Minerals)?
P.S. I see you are in Norway, we are basically neighbours
smile.gif

Yes, we are neighbors. And I visit Sweden very often, I love that country
glasses.gif

You have to look at "face and body enhancers" to find the illuminizers at Lumiere website. I have only "Natural radiance " in full size. There are very good pictures and swatches at the site of all the colors.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will probably try some illuminazor/bronzer from Lumiere and Ocean Mist since they seem to have good deals on samples kits, compared to them J Lynn prices for samples are quite high since the shipping to Europe costs more than the products themselves so I will put that in 3rd place (or order sometimes when I am in the USA). Slightly off topic: I never used this kind of enhancers, is there any application technique or brush you recommend?

When you apply illuminazors, the number one rule is: Less is more!

Have a look at the sticky thread at the top about illuminazors, there you will find a lot of information. Basically, you can play around with different brushes and ways to apply. Then you will find out how you like to use it, and have fun at the same time
smilehappyyes.gif

I only use mine to mix into matte bronzers and blushes ( and eyeshadows), to give them a little glow.

I love Lumiere Illuminizers, and foundation. I love the luminess formula foundation.

For illuminizers, I like sundew, baby face, innocence, natural radiance, soft radiance, bare skin...pretty much all of the ones I've tried. And I'm fair skinned, when I used BE I used fairly light/light.

Thank you ohiomom! I had a look at the swatches on the Lumiere website and I also like bare skin and natural radiance but baby face seemed quite " gilry pink", did you use it as a blush or illuminizer?

I used it as an illuminizer. I just placed an order last week and ordered Sundew, which I sampled a few weeks ago and fell in love with!

I've tried many brands over the past few years, and keep going back to Lumiere and Signature Minerals.

Originally Posted by swedgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thank you fot the tips Magosienne! It is exactely what I had in mind, do you know if those companies sell samples or do you have to buy the full size package?
Sorry! I checked and they have samples and Ocean Mist has even a full kit that they send for free.

Sorry i didn't answer earlier. Yes, they have samples, i nfact you will notice msot of them sell samples, or they have packages they send you for free, you just pay the shipping.
It's a great way to find what works for you
smile.gif

Thank you everyones for your kind advice! Lumiere seems to be the most voted brand for illuminizers so I will order some samples from them soon. I made a selection looking at the swatches on their website and I finally narrowed down to a few colors but of course I need your help deciding. I will for sure try soft radiance and natural radiance but then I am undecided between innocence/island sand and bare skin/sundew. What would you suggest? For the 5th sample I wanted to try a bronzer or a blush and here i have 4 possibilities:autumn, apricot, sunkissed, nude bronzer. I hope that all of you familiar with the brand will chime in
smile.gif

P.S. I am fairly light/light in my bare minerals foundation.

Hi everyone! I finally got my Lumiere samples I got natural and soft radiance, innocence, bare skin and california gold. I just swatched them and my absolute favourites now are natural radiance and california gold that is extrenely close to my skin colour now that I am a little bit tanned. I'll let you know about the others but most of all I wanted to thank you all for helping me get my orientation in the "online MMU jungle"! I just love this forum
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back