Setting spray AND primer???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

I'm thinking about buying the UD All-Nighter spray. I assume I still need to use a primer (ex. Smashbox Photo Finish primer) along with the setting spray?? Are these items real necessary when wearing makeup?? I already have an eye primer but not sure about the other stuff. And, my face tends to get oily after a while, which sucks when wearing makeup.

Thank you.
laughing.gif

Wear a primer and powder and the setting spray, i wouldn't say they are necessary but defiantly make your makeup application easier and make it last longer.

Originally Posted by iLoveFrontcover /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wear a primer and powder and the setting spray, i wouldn't say they are necessary but defiantly make your makeup application easier and make it last longer. I agree. I do that. Well at least now that's it's Summer.....

I use a primer (monistat) to keep the oil at bay especially during the summer months. You don't need a setting spray. You can get a mister full of bottled water or rose water or any hydrosol or 1/2 water and 1/2 rosewater to set your foundation. I used to just press my damp towel (the one I used when I had my morning shower) to my face to set my liquid foundation and powder. It worked too.

Read the ingredients for what you are wanting to purchase, its mostly water anyways.

its totally i up to u if u wanna spend the money, i read some reviews some said good some said bad.. all i do is monistat for a primer, then my liquid foundation, a setting powder and i actually just spray very lightly w/water or like the previous post and use a damp cloth

Originally Posted by Shanki /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a moistorizer to set my foundation. anything moist. Don't you wear moisturizer under your foundation? I don't know how you would put moisturizer over your foundation.

I use two different types. I use one to prime my skin, and then a non oil based moisture on top, which I typically by clinque that is oil free, since I have dry combonation skin. If you pust a mist on top, or just rub it slightly in with your foundation it works for me. it smooths it more, and looks less noticeable. I also go for just small layer of coverage. So after my liquid foundation just a thin layer on top. I live in a really humid area in the south, so I have tried many different things.

I use primer with a setting spray in the summer when it is hot and humid. For me these items are necessary if I want to wear makeup in the summer, but I have oily skin so it gets hard to keep makeup on in the summer. I have been using the fix spray from make-up forever, but I am really curious about the urban decay sprays.

this summer, i've been using a highlighter base, an HD powder foundation/bronzer, and setting it with my HG Scott Barnes luminzer mist. it not only sets it for the day, but the wetness melts and blends it into my skin and keep it from looking like powder. the whole thing looks like shimmery glowy skin all day long without looking at all heavy and unnatural.

I have dry skin but I use a primer and All Nighter setting spray. I do it because it's humid and my foundation doesn't have very much lasting power. It really just depends on your skin and how the products work for you.

I always use primer (Monistat or Coastal Scents Diva Defense Primer when I'm wearing minerals) & setting spray (MAC Fix+ or Mark Mist). I guess it's just part of my routine.

Back