I have major frizzy hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't go anywhere in the heat without my hair getting frizzy. Any suggestions on what shampoo or conditioner brands are awesome at dying down frizz?

The number 1 hair trick that stops frizz forever:

An at home smoothing treatment

This two-step kit helps you get the ultimate blowout---by yourself it works to smooth rebellious flyaways so your hair is easier to style the treatment can help make your natural texture more managable too so youll stay frizz free even when you don't feel like blow drying

try: GARNIER FRUCTIS STYLE SLEEK & SHINE BLOW DRY PERFECTOR 2 STEP SMOOTHING KIT $12 DRUGSTORES

As a professional, I can give you advice based on salon products, or do you want a cheaper version?

Drugstore products, however are not always cheaper, and some salons have great sales and coupons. There's no shampoo and conditioner that are miracle workers at working out your frizz but they can smooth your hair. You need styling products, even if you do not want to blow dry or anything like that.

Joico also makes a smoothing shampoo and conditioner.

If you want drugstore, whatever you do, do not buy professional products from a drugstore. Chances are the products are old, or even not real, it's called diversion. If you are going to purchase from a drugstore, I would actually just reccomend you go to Sallys, and get some Ion moisture treatment, shampoo, and conditioner. Try going to Sally's and getting their off brand.

I would use professional products- I would use Sleek Look, by Matrix shampoo and conditioner, and their straightening cream when you blow dry. It smells funny to me though. I would also use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny. they have smoothing shampoo and conditioner. Also they have super skinny serum, which is conditioning, but it wont protect from the heat. Or theres Chi Silk Infusion, you could use. I personally use Joico styling oil.

Sometimes our hair gets frizzy because it needs moisture. Once your hair is styled try not to touch it because that creates frizz too.

smile.gif

I gave up, lol. The only thing that helps some for me is the No Frizz from Sephora. The cream one, not spray. I have even bought the stuff the guy that cuts and colors my hair puts on it hoping it will look as fantastic as it does when I leave the salon. Nope, looks like poo when I do it. Flat ironing it helps a lot, but it damages it, so I only do it for special occasions. I have wavy hair and live in humidity city so blow drying it is disastrous. Cant use smoothing shampoo and cond b/c I have oily hair.

I use the Got2b Hi-Lustre Hair Lotion while my hair is wet and it's a godsend.

I DEFINITELY recommend the Matrix Sleek Look line because after my hair was chemically straightened (TWICE!), that's all I could use to tame my crazy hair and it was a DREAM.

I just got Argan oil from Garden of Wisdom and it rocks! My hair is so frizz free, im really happy with the results.

Back