Has anyone tried this??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried L'oreal's magic perfecting base???? Let me know how it works! Im wondering if i should go ahead and buy my smashbox primer, or if this base is actually pretty good..I appreciate the feedback!
yaya.gif

I'd be interested too... 1/3 the cost of FhotoFinish... but tripple the cost on Monistat Chaffing Gel.... products with the word "Magic" always make me nervious! lol

I just bought it yesterday and today is my first time using it.. I actually got it on sale for $10 too =)

So far I really like it, I like the thickness of it. Its more creamy the the Revlon primer (which is a clear gel) I also have. My makeup looks great and my face feels and looks super smooth, my makeup isn't streaky at all. When I opened the jar I was surprised and happy that it didn't have a strong smell (if it does its EXTREMELY faint) For some reason I was expecting some sort of a flowery rose smell lol (maybe because the primer is a pinkish color haha)

Of course this is only my first day using this so I can't give you an over all time tested review but so far from what I've experienced I'll totally buy it again.

After a few more days of use I'll post some more feedback =)

Originally Posted by BombDiggity /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just bought it yesterday and today is my first time using it.. I actually got it on sale for $10 too =)
So far I really like it, I like the thickness of it. Its more creamy the the Revlon primer (which is a clear gel) I also have. My makeup looks great and my face feels and looks super smooth, my makeup isn't streaky at all. When I opened the jar I was surprised and happy that it didn't have a strong smell (if it does its EXTREMELY faint) For some reason I was expecting some sort of a flowery rose smell lol (maybe because the primer is a pinkish color haha)

Of course this is only my first day using this so I can't give you an over all time tested review but so far from what I've experienced I'll totally buy it again.

After a few more days of use I'll post some more feedback =)

Yea I have a coupon on it! lol ...ok, so let me know if ur makeup stays on better and longer..cuz putting on makeup is such a waste if it wont last more than 2 hrs lol

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd be interested too... 1/3 the cost of FhotoFinish... but tripple the cost on Monistat Chaffing Gel.... products with the word "Magic" always make me nervious! lol ohhhh, thts wat all these ppl mean when they say monistat! i really didnt think they used the chaffing gel, i thot it was some weird brand of makeup id never heard of hahaha..cuz i never heard of using tht as a base til now! thts great! lol

Monistate Chaffing Gel works great, very slick like PhotoFinish and only $5 at Walmart.

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monistate Chaffing Gel works great, very slick like PhotoFinish and only $5 at Walmart. hmmm, i never thot of putting tht on my face lol...its ok to use on ur face?

Originally Posted by Prissyla /img/forum/go_quote.gif hmmm, i never thot of putting tht on my face lol...its ok to use on ur face? Its ok in small amounts. Too much will make you break out but the ingredients are really no different from a primer. The anti-chafing gel is intended to be applied on skin, just not your face's skin. I've been using this for over a year now and it works wonderfully. I would not think to change until I run out because its been discontinued here in Canada. or I'll have to pick it up over the border.

I've heard of the L'oreal product, but I haven't tried it. You Tube has a lot of reviews though, and they seem really positive. The jar is supposed to be pretty small, so I might be concerned about getting the product out once it gets low...but it's so much cheaper than Smashbox, it's probably worth a try.

I really like it! There's a sample in this month's Allure magazine (or at least there was in my subscription mag) if you want to try it! It's the one with Eva Mendes on the cover.

It's got a more cream like texture than most other primers I've tried but I like it a lot! I'm probably gonna buy it when I run out of my Lise Watier primer.

Haven't tried it yet but I really want to see how it compares to smashbox and monistat chafing gel.

Yes, I've tried it, it works very well, (I have oily and sensitive skin) and its awesome! I highly recommend you try it!

I think the trick is to using a small amount. When i first tired it I didn't like it but I realized I was using way too much. Now I love it! I have dry skin and I think it works really well with my skin type. Definitely makes my makeup go on smoothly and lasts a long time.

I have it and think it works ok, it keeps makeup in place, but my skin doesn't looked airbrushed or photofinished.

I've been using the L'oreal magic perfecting base for a few days now and I love it. I have normal-dry skin and it seems to be working amazingly, I put some on this morning (its almost 7pm now) and my makeup seems to be holding up great =) I'm 100% going to buy this again, and I highly recommed it =)

Back