Would you consider getting a foot facelift!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
womens_shoes.jpg

Women in the United States are apparently going all out to make sure their feet can fit in the latest designer footwear.

Such is the desire for perfect feet, the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS) has warned women to avoid so called "foot facelifts."

Clinics such as the Beverly Hills Aesthetic Foot Surgery in California, is among those which offer a variety of surgical procedures including the Cinderella Prodedure, a foot shaving technique which aims to prevent bunions by narrowing the sides of the foot.

Also on offer is the "Foot-Tuck Fat Pad Augmentation," where the patient's own body fat is injected into the balls of the feet designed to make wearing high heels more comfortable.

For toes which hang over the edge or protrude at the side of a sandal, the clinic has the answer. Second toes can be shortened so they are no longer than the big toe, and the little toe can be made skinnier to make feet easier to fit into high heels.

Toes can even be lengthened again after cosmetic surgery which may have made a toe too short.

And anyone who suffers from sweaty feet can have Botox injections which also helps prevent fungal infections.

Dr Ali Sadrieh who founded the clinic says that advising women to alter their footwear only falls on deaf ears.

He told the Wall Street Journal: It's unrealistic to tell women not to wear high heels. I came up with procedures that allow the women to function, pain-free, in the real world."

Nigel Mercer, President of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons said the demand for foot facelifts in the UK was "minimal." But also warned that anyone considering this type of surgery should be fully informed of the risks. The potential complications of cosmetic foot surgery "could leave a patient unable to walk normally for the rest of their life," he said.

Source Would you have a foot facelift?

Thankfully my feet can fit into any shoes. I have a friend that have really big feet and alot of shoes either don't fit her or hurt her. Some new shoes can bruise me but after wearing them few times they fit perfectly fine. I am generally lucky with shoes.

Well i have this toe that hurts me so i guess that would be more to relieve the pain rather than cosmetics. lol

Hmmm.

I don't know.

I would totally resurface my feet and get rid of the thick, dry areas on the outsides of my big toes and not as thick but just as dry areas on top of the big toes and pinky toe.

My feet have definitely spread as I got older, but it doesn't affect how my shoes feel, so that's not an issue.

I do have permanent damage from years of ballet and being en pointe to the pinky toes that makes them hang a bit out of a strappy shoe so, I maybe would get those corrected but it's not a big enough issue.

I would totally do it if my feet (design) was causing pain.

This can't be safe.....what is going to happen to these women who shave and cut and inject their toes and feet when they're older? I'd rather walk in flats or ugly shoes than be in a wheelchair with stilettos on.

I might fix my little toes which are weird and have angled toenails... Or anything that hurts but not just to shorten or slim my petite size 11 feet down.. Lol.

I have extraordinarily wide feet - across the base of my toes.

Even when I was a child, my parents would get special shoes to fit my feet.

I am a size 8 - but I have had to order size 10s to get the extra width.

I would absolutely love to get 1/2 inch off the inside and outside of each foot.

However, I know that this will never happen so I'm stuck with what I've got.

On the flip side, I have great balance and co-ordination. Maybe the extra width of my feet has something to do with that.

High heels don't seem to be a problem as they are wide across the base of the toes.

My foot doctor actually told me I might need a foot face lift if I keep wearing the same type of shoes I do. My second toe is longer than my big and in time, my foot doctor demonstrated how that second toe would overlay on top of the big one because of my shoes.

So just to shorten my second toe, if I am in dire need to. Other than that, HEEL NO (pun) Our feet carry our weight. I wouldn't want to make it suffer more than it needs too.

WTF!! Unless your feet are causing mobility issues, I hope those that get the foot 'lift' gives substantial amounts to charity as well because they have too much $.

Nah, I have to many other places I would start with first were I to go that route. Though I do believe if it bothers a person for any reason, then fix it or nuff about it. I hate to hear people picking themselves apart when the remedy is generally right there in front of them.

No way, i deal with my large feet, i'd rather invest in a good pair of shoe, to me that's where the real problem lies.

oh god no. i have enough problems with my feet already, i have super painful ingrown toenails that i have to maintain every day. i have to keep my feet hospital clean 24/7 otherwise i get all kinds of infections. i wouldn't be able to deal with going through a foot-reshaping! besides my feet are pretty narrow anyway.

No I would never consider those procedures. I buy shoes, boots to fit my feet even if I have to go a half to full size larger. I can't imagine cramming my feet, toes into a shoe/boot that is too small thus creating future problems.

I wasn't aware that there is such a thing but I've always wished there was a procedure. My feet are weird. The bones on the side are very protruded and it is VERY difficult to find shoes which fit, much less shoes which look good on me. So if I can afford this technology I will really go for it.

Latest posts

Back