Covering dark circles..HELP PLEASE!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am 22 and have had heredatary extremely dark circles all of my life. They really affect my self esteem and I've tried many different makeups to cover them. I've asked for help on other forums, but just get told to put tea bags on my eyes or catch up on my sleep so I'm hoping you guys can help
smile.gif
Right now I use bobbi brown corrector in light bisque, which is a pinkish color, I then use bobbi brown concealer over and finish with a powder. Although it covers slightly, my dark circles are still very visible. I've read on some websites to use a yellow corrector, and others say to use a pink corrector. Does it depend on skin tone? I have also used a yellow corrector by manic panic, but it didn't seem to help either. I am pretty light skinned if that helps. Like I said, my dark circles are extremely dark so I need something that would provide maximum coverage. If anybody is able to help, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

For me Dermablend concealers cover anything... But may be too heavy for you depending on how much foundation you use.. Use a shade lighter concealer than your foundation.. Ulta carries them so if you have one nearby maybe stop by for a test..

What type of undereye treatments are you using? I have hereditary dark bags too and how found eye creams help tremendously.

Jackie, which eye creams have helped you? I've only used no.7 and it has made no visible difference.
frown.gif

When I use Origins Night-A-Mins I find that my undereye circles aren't as dark and it's easier to cover with my makeup to lighten it even more.

I don't like to use much makeup under my eyes because I hate that cakey look you can get if you try to cover up too much. That area is one of the most sensitive on your face and it irritates me when I use color corrective concealers.

If I haven't put on Origins, then everything is so dark and no makeup can cover it.

I also have the same problem, I've had dark circles all my life and it doesn't help that my skin is pretty light too so it makes them look even worse! I've tried so many concealers, bobbi brown was horrible for me in the under eye area, it just got so cakey, creased badly, etc.. the best one I've found so far is make up forever high defintion concealer! It doesn't get cakey, doesn't crease that much, and it looks smooth and natural. In natural lighting my dark circles look completely covered with it, however in un-natural lighting you can still see my dark circles.

I attatched a picture of my dark circles concealed with the MUFE HD concealer in natural lighting.
smile.gif

I also have dark under eye circles. I tested several concealer to find the perfect one for my under eye circles. I only found one that would cover them (amazing concealer). The product works well when applied correctly. It's a little difficult to work with. End the end I chose a concealer that did not cover them completely because it was easier to work with and it doesn't make me look like I am wearing a ton of makeup. Here is a link to my results.

The Glam Shack: Concealer Roundup - Final Thoughs

Makeup wise.... if you have a orange lipstick (like Barry M lipstick)... apply that under your eyes because that contours the dark blueish tone of the dark circles. Then apply a under eye concealer. Also you can apply a primer before hand to make sure the concealer stays put.

I have issues with dark circles as well and I have found that the Bobbi Brown creamy concealer and corrector have worked wonders for me. The shade of corrector you will need (peach or pink) depends on the shade of the dark circles you have. Mine are kind of dark brown and the peach corrector fixes the problem, or at least minimizes the appearance of darkness. I've tried other concealers that were heavier, but they looked too cakey.

So... I have these dark under eye circles that I would love to cover up, but am not sure which concealer to use. Bare in mind that I am 40, but my skin is not really aging much, except for a few fine lines (let's not talk about the lines on my forehead, ok!? lol). I would like to purchase something from the Birchbox shop since I have points to spend! Any suggestions?

The ones I am looking at are:

Benefit Boi-ing

TheBalm TimeBalm Anti-Wrinkle Concealer

Benefit Fakeup

I have dark circles!! I'm younger than you but I inherited just general darkly pigmented eyes.  BY FAR my favorite is Benefit's Play Sticks in Tea Party.  I've used Benefit's Fake Up, Clinique's whatever.. Benefit's Erase Paste (with powder, with primer.. everything.. I love the coverage, that mess slips off).  But Play Sticks is perfect.  It's nice and creamy to go on, it's a good color and great coverage.  Doesn't get creasey or weird.. just works nicely.  I like it because I can also use it to cover blemishes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have dark circles!! I'm younger than you but I inherited just general darkly pigmented eyes.  BY FAR my favorite is Benefit's Play Sticks in Tea Party.  I've used Benefit's Fake Up, Clinique's whatever.. Benefit's Erase Paste (with powder, with primer.. everything.. I love the coverage, that mess slips off).  But Play Sticks is perfect.  It's nice and creamy to go on, it's a good color and great coverage.  Doesn't get creasey or weird.. just works nicely.  I like it because I can also use it to cover blemishes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Well... Birchbox doesn't carry the Play Sticks! Boo!!! If money weren't an issue and I didn't have points to spend, I would totally try them!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ok... so I watched a ton of youTube videos and I went with the Fake Up... if it doesn't work, I can always buy something else, right!? LOL

I have the boi-ing concealer and like it for under my eyes, but it has a lot of slip so if you don't set it (and even if you do) it tends to settle. I have a bit of a concealer addition, off the top of my head I'm using 8 or 9...I really enjoy the Kat Von D concealer in the tube. It's not for under eyes, but has a lot of coverage and is light weight(ish). I don't think BB has it, I think it's a sephora exclusive. If your close to a store I'd get a sample and see if you like it.

I have the boi-ing concealer and like it for under my eyes, but it has a lot of slip so if you don't set it (and even if you do) it tends to settle. I have a bit of a concealer addition, off the top of my head I'm using 8 or 9...I really enjoy the Kat Von D concealer in the tube. It's not for under eyes, but has a lot of coverage and is light weight(ish). I don't think BB has it, I think it's a sephora exclusive. If your close to a store I'd get a sample and see if you like it.
Thanks! I will definitely stop in at Sephora and ask for a sample! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back