Trouble with Measurements

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So... have you had trouble with your measurements? Never know what is exactly 1 cup? or what a tablespoon is? Does cooking need to be this precise... and you don't even have to know how to measure!

Digital+Measuring+Cup.jpg

spoon_scale2_tCnkW_8089.jpg

no thanks! There are some occasions for recipes where you need to be precise (like bread making). I'm more of an eyeballer though.

For my diy, I use scales. A scale that is accurate to 0.001g for skincare and makeup.

For soaps, I have another scale that handles up to 3kg.

For cooking, I'm an eyeballer.

The cup is around $30usd. The spoon is $40.

i eyeball too when i cook, but for people who can't grasp the concept of cooking this would work great.

Those are cool! We just bought a cheap digital scale at one of the gormet stores..

Ooh, i wouldn't mind one of these. I have a few US cookbooks, and finding the right conversions from cup to gram is such a pain !

I have a chemist scale too Diva, i like my regular kitchen one but it's just not made to measure really small quantities.

I like having a good number of significant figures in my measurements. Makes for better accuracy. Mine was from ebay and its actually a gold scale, me thinks. I use it to measure when I make my foundation base. I would never use a scale for cooking tho. That's just too perfect.

Back