Mineral makeup for old skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need this for my mom, well she is not an old lady herself but her skin has wrinkles and i am looking for a good foundation and eye makeup for her.

Please guide me to somewhere good.
smile.gif

Thanks

I think your mom need to try a creamy formula.

like FF in Lumierecosemtics.

or original glo in EDM.

What about Lucy minerals, corys minerals, lumiere and dreamworld (luna formula) they are creamy in texture too.

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif What about Lucy minerals, corys minerals, lumiere and dreamworld (luna formula) they are creamy in texture too. I second Lucy

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think your mom need to try a creamy formula. Like ff in lumierecosemtics.

Or original glo in edm.

agreed 100%

For eye shadows I highly recommend matte shadows for older eyes. Shiny emphasizes wrinkles and folds. Matte tends to soften and diffuse. Also, glowy foundations will do the same. Stick with matte.

IMHO

~Lorraine

Use the home made mineral beauty products.Because this good for skin and no side effects.

Do not go for Lumiere, all of their formulas made me look 100 years older! And it is really hard to find the perfect match.

Everyday minerals Original formula, very nice and their creamiest formula. But hard to find the match after they altered their free sample kit to be fixed with certain shades and formulas. Does not cover much, but evens out the skintone.

Signature minerals, much better than EDM semi matte, matte and orignal glow. But not for her if she need heavy coverage.

Must be used on well hydrated skin, and applies very well with just a powder brush (as all mineral foundations without bismuth does or should do). I do not recommend the Everyday Minerals Intensive Formula, as it made my skin break out very bad.

There is a lot of great mineral makeup out there, and I have not tried all of them. But these were drying: Pure Luxe (very), Joppa (not the simple radiance), Cory, all of the Lumieres and EDM matte.

Pure Anada is very creamy, but go lightly on this one as the coverage is very heavy.

HTH and good luck!

Please consult beauty parlor for good advice of good foundation and eye makeup for her.

You just used wrinkled free cream and if does't works than you should consult to the beautician and take treatment.

Originally Posted by aliciaesthetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by emmy2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about Lucy minerals, corys minerals, lumiere and dreamworld (luna formula) they are creamy in texture too.   I second Lucy
Now I have also tried Lucy Minerals, and I have to admit: It is the best MMU I have used so far. And I have tried a lot :)

Women with aging skin have a variety of issues to tackle, including dryness, age spots and wrinkles. Mineral makeup in a cream or liquid form can cover these problem areas effectively.

I know a lot of mature women who love Bare Escentuals

original formula because they like the dewey "glow" on their skin.

I'm 42 and prefer the matte formula because I still have very oily skin

and I don't like the "glow", makes me feel like my face is too shiney. LOL

To each his or her own, I suppose. 
smile.gif

• Use primers under make-up - it will help even out skin tone and texture, and keep your make-up fresher longer. Primers are available for the face, lips and eyes.
  • Use a light, moisturising foundation - if your skin is good, consider a tinted moisturizer instead, or mix your foundation with a drop of moisturizer for a soft finish.
  • Use cream blusher (stick or compact) not powder, for a more dewy look.
  • If you use concealer under your eyes, pat it from the inner corner of your eye to the mid-point - if you use it under the outer corner, it will highlight your wrinkles.
  • Use a highlighter just under your browbone to open up your eyes - a pale peach shadow over the whole eyelid can work well.
  • Use a nude or pale pink eyeliner along the inside edge of your lower lid (like kohl) - instant sparkle!
  • Never put mascara on your lower lashes.

Try Jane Iredale.... I absolutely ADORE her mineral foundation (liquid and powder), great coverage yet still looks natural w/o any white cast in photos & when I tried it on my mom it didn't settle into her lines/wrinkles.

Joppa Minerals has a creamy formula that I absolutely love and it covers well without looking cakey!

Originally Posted by Ere Perez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use the home made mineral beauty products.Because this good for skin and no side effects.
I agree! I haven't gotten to the level of making a "wet" foundation yet, (I use Ben Nye) but I do make powder for myself, and one of the things I've been fooling with is mixing the powder I make with dimethicone gel from CVS. Monistat used to make one, called "Chafing Gel." Please nobody have a cow. It isn't for the va-jay-jay, it was made for people who have plump legs that rub together and irritate them when they play sports.

BUT here's the good part. Dimethicone gel is what companies put into foundation primers that cost $30-$50 and a tube of the CVS stuff costs maybe $4 and has 3 times as much! Some people put it on as a separate layer under their foundation and some people mix it in.

I have a sister-in-law with really dry skin and for her I made a powder, mixed it up with the gel and just had her put on some Aveeno cream with oatmeal colloids or something (yes, CVS has a cheap clone) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  and then put the little face-powder-and-dimethicone paste I made on over that and it looked great, but even better, she said it felt comfortable and didn't tighten up on her.

I have also read that some mineral makeups have a calming effect on the skin, and are wonderful for skin conditions like acne or rosacea. It's good for cover up too because it won't irritate the skin as much. You can trust that this type of makeup will protect you from the sun's rays too. Generally mineral makeup has a minimum SPF factor of 15.

Originally Posted by blackbird668 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know a lot of mature women who love Bare Escentuals

original formula because they like the dewey "glow" on their skin.

I'm 42 and prefer the matte formula because I still have very oily skin

and I don't like the "glow", makes me feel like my face is too shiney. LOL

To each his or her own, I suppose. 
smile.gif
I'm 47, and I do love the original BE formula for the dewey glow effect!  

I've also ordered some samples of Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline mmu (their heaviest coverage, probably best to cover the flaws as we get older), so I'll post how that goes after I try them out.

With regard to eyeshadow, I get away with shimmers and some pearlized ones without them emphasizing any lines and wrinkles too much.  I wouldn't go for full on frost, then I think you're asking for trouble!  One thing that helps is to do a matte shadow as a base, and then do a light wash of a shimmer or a pearl over it - just keep it minimal, and you can definitely get away with a little sparkle.

Back