If u use condidtioner, please read this

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, some of you may know this, but some may not, my mom is a professional hair stylist, and she says DO NOT EVER PUT CONDITIONER ON THE SCALP! I know it sounds weird, but its true, if you put conditioner on the scalp, it will dry your hair out. Kinda weird huh?

I saw this on youtube a while ago. I now condition they roots and just run my hands over my scalp with whatever left. I also now only wash my scalp and pull the shampoo through to the ends.

i've never put conditioner on my scalp, it makes my hair super greasy! i only condition the bottom half of my hair.

Eh, I think it depends on your hair. I've been conditioner only and had to wash my scalp with conditioner before and it worked fine.

Yeah I think it may be the type of conditioner used, last time I put conditioner on my scalp it made my roots so greasey. My hairdresser got freaked out and told me to only condition from my ear down. I haven't had that issue since then.

yea when you shampoo first just rub it on the scalp an conditioner on the ends

actually, if you have dry scalp, a hydrating spray conditioner will put moisture back into your scalp. The problem that drys your scalp out, is over conditioning. You're more so supposed to focus on your ends first anyway. You're not supposed to use a ton of conditioner which is why a lot of conditioners last longer in your shower, and you run out of shampoo first. There's a such thing as over conditioning your hair too, if you constantly use super hydrating conditioner you will dry your hair out. If you use reconstructing conditioner with protein, your hair may break off. You should switch between a conditioner and a detangler, or something that is labeled light conditioner.

Thanks that you have inform about this. I just don't know that the conditioner is harmful for the hair if applied it in scalp. Now, i will take care while apply it.

kopfkratz.gif
BUT MY PROBLEM IS that when i don't use conditioner my hair becomes very rough. And also when i use it, hair looks shinier for that day also.

NOW what should i do ???????????????????
bawling.gif

Well its not like your hair is going to fall off. lol Shampoo is for the scalp and conditioner is for the hair. Plain and simple.

conditioner is meant to be used, because it seals the deal with the cuticle of the hair, always use conditioner after shampooing.

Meh, Barbara Walter's hair stylist of over 25yrs recommends using conditioner from tips to roots. And not to condition every day but every other day. I love my conditioner. I'm sticking with it
wink.gif

well yeah, sometimes it depends on the hair, if its really dry then heck with it, your hair is super greasy ditch conditioning the scalp

My roots get greasy very easily, and my ends are dry. I never put conditioner on my roots; I only put it on the bottom half of my hair.

My hair's combination, so i never apply conditioner on my scalp, but i apply it all over my lengths which do need the extra moisture. But i only use every other day.

It always depends if you have greasy or dry hair/scalp but there are different variations of conditioner to suit.

Personally I've always used normal conditioner and I've never had a problem.

Back