Bare Minerals shade for Indian skintone

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered tan and it is too dark for me! I ordered it online just based on the shade that was on the Sephora website. I am going to return it and order another one, but which shade should I get? Should I go for Medium Tan or Medium Beige

There really is no fixed "indian skin tone". Everyone's skin colour is different. You should really go and get a colour match to find out which is your colour! Although when i had it done, they chose Medium Beige for me. Lovely colour, but not my skin colour.

Originally Posted by lavender /img/forum/go_quote.gif I ordered tan and it is too dark for me! I ordered it online just based on the shade that was on the Sephora website. I am going to return it and order another one, but which shade should I get? Should I go for Medium Tan or Medium Beige well the Bare Escentuals site says that Medium Tan is "for medium-to-tan skin with rosy undertones" while Medium Beige is "for medium skin with neutral undertones".
since most Indians seem to have warm or olive skin, I would recommend Golden Medium, and even though Golden Tan and Warm Tan are in the same depth category as the Tan, which you said is too dark, you should give them a shot if you're able to actually try them on. if there is a Sephora or Bare Escentuals store in your area, I would highly recommend going there so the sales associate could help you out. they could even test out the colors on your face.

I am Indian - but don't have the normal Indian skin coloring - I am a little more yellow. I found that BE didn't sit well on my skin nor could I find a match even close. I also felt that itchy feeling with it...?

I used to love EGM (but they don't seem to be open anymore) and now am using Lucy - which is good. Monave and Milan also have good choices for our skin coloring.

Good luck! :)

Originally Posted by DreamSonia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am Indian - but don't have the normal Indian skin coloring - I am a little more yellow. I found that BE didn't sit well on my skin nor could I find a match even close. I also felt that itchy feeling with it...?
I used to love EGM (but they don't seem to be open anymore) and now am using Lucy - which is good. Monave and Milan also have good choices for our skin coloring.

Good luck! :)

I would suggest you try Meow. they have tons of undertones, especially yellow ones!

Latest posts

Back