Best conditioners/treatments for heat damaged hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My hair is dead from heat damage. It doesn't grow, and I loose a good amount of hair when brushing (which is about 70% due to my very thick hair). I'm wondering which sorts of home remedies or conditioners are great to help with the repair process? I have already stopped using heat damaging tools on my hair, and I won't be dying it anytime soon. I live in Canada, so there is no Walgreens here. My hair is about a couple cm past my shoulders, it is layered, parted to the side, and blonde. The stores I usually go to are Wal-mart, Zellers and Superstore.

you didnt use any heat protection? if its failling out, then you may need to see a doctor. if its breaking off and leaving your hair short in certain spots, its damaged. go to the store and just buy some olive oil and put it in your hair for a home remedie. heat up the oil and leave it on, then rinse with cooler water. but falling out is not damage, its internal, breaking off is damage.

No I didn't. I never really thought of the affects when I was younger and started using heat. It's not falling out, it just doesn't grow and sometimes I have ends break off.

Olive oil is good, i can also suggest coconut oil if you can find some, if your store has an african/exotic products area, you can also get shea butter.

You can apply a few drops on your ends as a leave in conditioner, and apply it all over for a hair mask (follow up with a gentle shampoo next morning). You can also wrap a warm towel around your head.

You might also want to consider cutting your ends, if they're all damaged you might stop it from getting worse, but it's already here.

One thing to promote hair growth is applying oil on your scalp as well, and massage your scalp to help it sink in.

Then you need to be patient
smile.gif

You can also try, if you feel these aren't doing enough for your hair, hair&nails vitamins. They take time to really show visible effects, but every little help is welcome i think.

I've had damaged, almost frizzy hair and the BEST product I've used is Redken Smooth Down shampoo/conditioner (brown bottles) followed up by the Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. My hair is soft and super shiny! I've been looking for this miracle combo for numerous years and finally I got it right!!!!!!!!

smooth down is good, but heat glide is for people with thick hair. if you wanna go the redken way, try the extreme anti snap, which is a protein treatment you leave it, use it for a week, then switch to once a week. also use the extreme shampoo and i would use matrix's leave it spray daily leave in tonic for moisture.

Mash two ripe bananas. Add half cup beaten curd. Apply this paste all over your scalp and coat the ends of the hair with it. Pile up your hair high over your head. Leave it on for 15 mintues and then shampoo as usual. You will immediately notice a dramatic change in the texture of your hair.

if they are damaged now, do not use any other product on it. Just go for natural things. 

First have a simple hair cut so that the dead ends go away. then let them grow naturally.

Oil them as often you can. Condition them properly. and get some good vitamins which give strength to your hair.

i have the same problem now and i found this DIY treatement helped alot.

1. 2 eggs
  2. 1 table spoon yoghurt
  3. garlic juice
  4. olive oil (or any other oils)
leave on for 2 hours, then wash with shampoo. you will notice the difference immediately. garlic stops hair form falling out and regrows it.

Get a hair cut.  If you have split ends and you leave them while treating them, you would be spinning a top in mud.   The split ends would run straight up the hair shaft and drop off, that is why your hair would seem as if it's not growing.  If you cut the hair (does not have to be severe) and start fresh, you should be good to go.  This happened to me when I had relaxed hair and it was fine after I did that (not to mention I stopped using the VERY expensive heat styling tools...what a waste of money).  I would suggest letting a professional do the cut though.  They will be able to identify the level of damage and advise to suit.   Hope this helps.

I would most def go for Paul Mitchell's Super Strength Shampoo & Daily Treatment. It's one of the most amazing duos out there for damaged hair and it's not that expensive. Right now is duo season for Paul Mitchell so you should be able to find it at a salon or school for a really good price and in the liter sizes for about $24 for both :]

Hi,

You should try Biolustre products!!  Biolustre is a hair treatment that doesnt require you to go to a salon or spend loads of cash to use it.  Its not at all like other hair treatments that use all sorts of chemicals either.  Safe to use anytime you choose over and over again.  Easy as well.  My hair use to be  dry and brittle and would never grow past a certain length and ive always wanted my hair to be longer.  My hair is wavy and thick and kinda hard to manage.  After using the treatment and following it up with the shampoo and conditioner my hair has never been shinier and easy to style.  I always get compliments now on how healthy it looks.  Its an amazing feeling that i would like to share with you!!!

Hope this helps you in the long run and cant wait to hear back from you on your results!!!!

Best hair product out by far!!

tmHH

icon_biggrin.gif

First you need to get a good haircut to take off most of the damage. Then use some argan oil or anything based on argan oil to get your hair strong and healthy again. I know that argan oil is known for promoting healthy hair growth and strengthening existing hair so that it doesn't fall out. You should really try some and see if it works for you!

I used it after I went through a serious hair relaxing stage, it really ruined it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm using Pro Naturals Moroccan argan oil shampoo + conditioner. They're sulfate and silicone free so they're really the best thing you can put on dry and damaged hair. I also use their argan oil itself after each shower, but you can just use the shampoo and co. Doesn't matter if you're in Canada, the site where I ordered them is canadian so you're in luck! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's "beyas. ca" and you should find them there, actually you'll find the whole pro naturals line there, lol.

Hi, wunnymush13! 
wink.gif

I'm very sorry...I hope that you'll decide your problem...I've just found the article about Heat Damaged Hair Symptoms and Treatment..It may be useful for youGood luck!

You stated curd, where exactly could I obtain this ingredient? I know what it is, but I'm not having much luck finding it in my town, is there a substitution?

My hair is dead from heat damage. It doesn't grow, and I loose a good amount of hair when brushing (which is about 70% due to my very thick hair). I'm wondering which sorts of home remedies or conditioners are great to help with the repair process? I have already stopped using heat damaging tools on my hair, and I won't be dying it anytime soon. I live in Canada, so there is no Walgreens here. My hair is about a couple cm past my shoulders, it is layered, parted to the side, and blonde. The stores I usually go to are Wal-mart, Zellers and Superstore.

Back